Americans Support Iran Nuke Deal 2-to-1

According to a new Reuters poll, Americans are at odds with pundits and congressmen who think the deal with Iran is the worst thing since the plague.

(Reuters) – Americans back a newly brokered nuclear deal with Iran by a 2-to-1 margin and are very wary of the United States resorting to military action against Tehran even if the historic diplomatic effort falls through, a Reuters/Ipsos poll showed on Tuesday. [...]

According to the Reuters/Ipsos survey, 44 percent of Americans support the interim deal reached between Iran and six world powers in Geneva last weekend, and 22 percent oppose it.

As one might imagine, average Americans have no interest in going to war because, unlike their beltway overlords, many of them actually lost something or someone in Iraq or Afghanistan.

BombNow

This entry was posted in Iran, Poll and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Lady Willpower

    Not according to Breitbart. I’ve been spending a little time over there.
    Those people really, REALLY want to bomb Iran. And I’m not talking about conventional weaponry, neither. They want to obliterate Iran with nuclear weapons. They want to destroy ever man, woman and child who lives there. They want to turn it into glass. None of these Breitbrats are even the slightest bit conflicted over this.

    This is what Jesus would want, obvi.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      How can you spend time in a place like that and not lose your mind?

      • Lady Willpower

        I don’t know. It’s really scary to see such warmongering hatred.

  • Christopher Foxx

    According to a new Reuters poll, Americans are at odds with pundits and congressmen who think the deal with Iran is the worst thing since the plague.,

    This is nothing new. Pundits and congresscritters have been at odds with the American public over the repeal of Don’t Ask Don’t Tell, gay marriage, confirming Presidential appointments, establishing Obamacare, immigration, etc etc etc.

  • Christopher Foxx

    because, unlike their beltway overlords, many of them actually lost something or someone in Iraq or Afghanistan.

    As has been noted elsewhere, if the law required the first soldiers into any theater of war be the children of congresscritters, we’d be a very peaceful nation.

  • mdblanche

    What I’m curious about is the large number of apparent undecideds.