Benghazi Fraudster: Dogs and Cats Are Living Together

bcs_benghazigate

The Daily Beast snagged an exclusive interview with noted Benghazi Fraudster Dylan Davies who, after having his own account of that night’s event come into question, implied that Media Matters and Fox News are somehow working together. Which is, you know, about as far-fetched as his heroic fairy tale.

Davies said he believed there was a coordinated campaign to smear him. This week, Media Matters, a progressive media watchdog, sent a public letter to CBS News asking it to retract the 60 Minutes Benghazi piece on the basis of the Washington Post article. On the Fox News Channel, reporter Adam Housley claimed on air this week that Davies asked for money in exchange for an interview. Davies denied this charge. 60 Minutes has stood by its reporting.

Davies now claims that the report he gave to his employer was a lie and that the account he gave to 60 Minutes is the real story.

I’ll ask the question again; is it more likely that he raced to the embassy, scaled a 12 foot wall, and engaged the evil-doers in hand-to-hand combat (the story he gave to 60 Minutes), or that he spent most of the night on the beach, was denied access to the embassy because of a roadblock, and ultimately heard about Ambassador Chris Stevens’ death from a colleague who had cellphone pictures (the story he gave to his employer)?

Given that Davies admits he lied to his employer, and given that he allegedly asked Fox News for money in exchange for his story, I’m inclined to believe that he is, in fact, a fraud.

It’s possible neither the story he gave to his employer or the story he gave to 60 Minutes is true.

Let’s not forget that this 60 Minutes report is what compelled Senator Lindsey Graham to state that he will block all nominations until he’s satisfied.

Senator Graham has since become more specific, stating that he will block the president’s nominations to head the Federal Reserve and the Department of Homeland Security. And if you ask what either of those have to do with Benghazi, the answer is absolutely nothing. Embassy security is handled by the State Department which, as we’ve pointed out in the past, has faced deep security budget cuts. Cuts that Republicans demanded. They were for the cuts before they were still-for-it-but-against-it because Obummer.

This entry was posted in Benghazi, The Media and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • formerlywhatithink

    60 Minutes has not only jumped the shark as a journalistic endeavor, it’s caught, skinned and made shark fin soup out of it. As much of an ass as Dylan Davies is, I completely blame 60 Minutes giving any sort of gravitas to his bullshit.

  • feloniousgrammar

    Here’s a delicious snack in the Media Matters story:

    Foreign Policy also reported that Davies’ memoir was published by “Threshold Editions, an imprint of Simon & Schuster, which is a part of CBS Corporation, which owns 60 Minutes — a fact not disclosed in the 60 Minutes story.”

    What a tangled web we weave when media is a conglomerate owned by a handful of corporations.

  • Robert Scalzi

    Lara Logan is Useless – She would fit right in at Fixed noise.

    • feloniousgrammar

      She does the seriously concerned, tell me more face quite well.

      • mrbrink

        I’d like to enter this into the record of universal hilarity. That is all.

  • Badgerite

    60 Minutes was the program that brought the now infamous ‘curveball’ into American living rooms to lie his ass off pre Iraq invasion.

    • feloniousgrammar

      Really? That was just un-fucking-believable.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Dan Rather was fired for his report about Bush II actual time in the Air National Guard. What will happen to those that covered the fraud Benghazi piece for 60 Minutes? Will they receive a Peabody, he says sarcastically.

  • muselet

    So we are meant to take the word of an admitted liar without any corroboration?

    Thank you, Dylan Davies, Lara Logan, CBS News and the folks at 60 Minutes, but no. Just no. Not happening.

    Carl Sagan said it best: “An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof.” So far, all we’ve been provided is a tall tale of the “killed him a bear when he was only three” variety. That may be good enough for the strikingly credulous Lindsey Graham, but not for me.

    –alopecia

  • fry1laurie

    Ass coverage, thy name is Davies.

  • Robert Scalzi

    Dogs and Cats living together ??? more like Simon and Shuster and CBS trying to increase their bottom line as they scream thru useless twit Logan – Fuck the Truth – we got sum $$ to make here – Fuck them all