Coming Soon

Cinema Santorum

Artist – Rob Rogers

It still isn’t entirely clear what investigators are looking for in Wisconsin’s latest John Doe investigation, however, judging by the names lining up to oppose the investigation, it must be something bad.

And yes, Rick Santorum is getting into the movie business, although his debut film is a complete flop.

From the way the Dallas Observer describes it, I can’t say I’m surprised.

“The Christmas Candle,” a holiday parable about the residents of a quaint English village protecting traditional values (a miracle-producing candle) against the forces of modernity (electricity).

Riveting!

This entry was posted in Movies, Open Thread and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    It will be interesting to see how much money Rick Santorum’s marks—erm, I mean investors—are willing to lose before they abandon him to his fate in The Hallowed Free Market.

    What else could you expect from one of the greatest minds of the eleventh century?

    There’s a saying in Hollywood that if you want to send a message, try
    Western Union. While Western Union has long gotten out of the the
    telegram business, the sentiment is the same. Movies that try to shove a
    message down people’s throats bomb. We’ve seen this with rightwing
    filmmakers before in movies like American Carole and Atlas Shrugged.
    They just don’t seem to understand that you’re supposed entertain people
    first.

    • mrbrink

      “American Carole and Atlas Shrugged”

      Reminds me of Jay Leno’s nightly monologue.

    I’m more than happy to let Sanctorum play around with cinema. Much easier to avoid him if I don’t have to worry about him cluttering the airwaves/tubes.

    Of course, here he is, disrupting my evening….