Crocodile Tears

BoehnerBawling

After weeks of being hammered over the cancellation of shitty, outdated insurance policies, President Obama announced today that insurance companies will be allowed to continue selling shitty, outdated policies until 2014. But now that the president has announced this so-called “fix,” Republicans have suddenly come down with a bad case of skepticism that the “fix” they’ve been demanding will fix anything.

Speaking with reporters today, Speaker of the House John Boehner said he is “highly skeptical” that Obamacare can be saved.

“No one can identify anything the president could do administratively to keep his pledge that would be both legal and effective,” he said. “I am highly skeptical they can do this administratively.” [...]

Boehner called into question the White House’s credibility on health care. “You can’t fix this government run health care plan called Obamacare,” he said, declaring that it would “destroy” the “best health care delivery system in the world.”

We can’t fix it? But you’ve been demanding a fix for weeks.

You mean that was all bullshit designed to swing the narrative in your favor? Could have fooled me.

Republicans may have gained the upper hand over the past two weeks thanks in part to the horse-race fixation of the punditry but, just as they always have in the past, Republicans will inevitably overreach and negate their advantage.

President Obama left the GOP with very little to go on after today and we know they’re all too happy to repeal the law for a 45th (46th? I lost track) time.

This entry was posted in Healthcare and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • GrafZeppelin127

    This pisses me off more and more by the hour.

    “No one can identify anything the president could do administratively to
    keep his pledge that would be both legal and effective,” he said.

    Yes, dumbass drunk orange person, that’s right, because the only way to “keep his pledge” would be to actually do the TOTAL GOVERNMENT TAKEOVER OF HEALTH CARE THAT YOU F***ING PEOPLE HAVE BEEN FEARMONGERING ABOUT FOR FOUR F***ING YEARS NOW!!!!!

    Republicans don’t give a shit whether anyone can keep their shitty health insurance or not. This is bogus, bullshit posturing and smug self-satisfaction, which is all Republicans care about anymore. If they were serious about legitimately wanting to guarantee that every individual health-insurance policy in existence will remain the same and in effect for ever and ever and ever (or at least until Jesus comes back), they’d have a bill on the floor allowing the federal government to take over and directly control every private insurer.

    Jeebus fleebing cripes on a popsicle stick.

  • Ipecac

    They are utterly, utterly pathological.

    They will do anything, make up any lie, contradict themselves and screw themselves over politically just to keep people from getting healthcare. (Of course, that’s just the effect. The real reason is not to give Obama anything, ever, that might be construed as a victory.)

    Pathological.

  • MrDHalen

    I have to take a break from the news for awhile. Democrats are trying to “fix” a problem that cannot be fixed. STOP trying to satisfy these people! You can’t!!!

    NO!! You cannot keep your crappy junk insurance!! Period!!! Because everyone else has to pick up the bill when your junk policy doesn’t cover you.

    I am upset with a lot of Democrats on this issue. If they keep chasing Republican votes, they will destroy any chance for gains in 2014.

    • Christopher Foxx

      Democrats are trying to “fix” a problem that cannot be fixed. STOP trying to satisfy these people! You can’t!!!

      Exactly. The “fix” is to say “OK, I was wrong. Some people won’t be able to keep their policies. That is, some people who had terrible policies won’t be able to keep them and will have to settle for something better.”

      Trying to keep that you-can-keep-your-policy “promise” is ridiculous.

      • ninjaf

        But he did say he was wrong, and that was still not good enough. Then President Clinton opens his yap, just to show he is not President Obama’s bitch, and backs President Obama even further into the corner instead of standing up and calling bullshit.

        • Christopher Foxx

          Obama wouldn’t have to get backed into any corner unless he agreed to go into it. And he should not have agreed to back into it.

  • Alex0001

    Nice to see they’re also back on the “best healthcare in the world” argument. Ugh.

  • LTanya Spearman

    Best part of Pres. Obama’s fix: Requiring insurers to inform cancelled enrollees about options in the Obamacare exchange and tax subsidies.. You know when the Pres. just gave a complete smack down when presstitute and GOPTbillies are already trying to push back and Insurance Cos. are complaining.

  • muselet

    I wonder why John Boehner would start making dumb statements about healthcare again.

    *sniff sniff*

    Aha. Smell that? That’s the unmistakable aroma of someone who’s terrified of being primaried. No wonder he’s paying obeisance to the Tea Party and those who fund them.

    The truth is, Boehner’s going to be primaried regardless of whatever outraged bleatings he emits about healthcare, since he voted to raise the debt limit and therefore not destroy the world economy. So why not, as I asked of Lindsey Graham the other day, go out with some dignity?

    –alopecia

    • ninjaf

      You have to have dignity in the first place. He has not shown that he has that. Ambition? Definitely. Dignity? Notsomuch.

      • muselet

        Which is pretty much what I concluded about Graham, too.

    I count every single day that Republicans have had a filibuster in the Senate and control of the House going back to 2010 as an attempt to repeal the ACA. Every day is Repeal Day for these striped fucking Gremlins.

    Every day since 2012 I multiply by a million.

    Being the mental plague spreaders that they are, they’ll just subtract from the number of people who are dying from their obstruction and the media will call it a win for Republicans.