Fine Print

LyingLiars

Artist – David Fitzsimmons

Following 60 Minutes‘ retraction of their bogus Benghazi storied fed to them by fraudster Dylan Davies, Simon & Schuster has also pulled his book.

What does Lindsey Graham have to say about this? He pledged to block all nominations because of the 60 Minutes report. A report that has now been thoroughly discredited and retracted.

Programming note… I’m taking a long weekend. I’ll be back Monday.

This entry was posted in Benghazi, Open Thread and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

    That cartoon expresses perfectly why President Obama should apologize for jack shit. Fuck a buncha Rep(rehensible)ublicans.

    • blair houghton

      no no no. the apology was genius.

      now they have to apologize for their lies, even if they think they have an out. otherwise, they’re lesser beings.

      he’s demonstrating the difference between having character and playing a character.

  • feloniousgrammar

    You’ve been prolific Mr. Ashby. Enjoy your long weekend.

  • muselet

    Talking Points Memo on Lindsey Graham’s conspicuous silence:

    After TPM submitted multiple requests for comment, a spokesman for Graham finally responded with an email saying that the senator “will be a guest on CNN State of the Union discussing the latest on Benghazi and the Iranian nuclear program” this Sunday.

    Somehow, I don’t think Graham will be asked to apologize for misleading the American people.

    Enjoy your time off, Ashby. You’ve earned it.

    Have a great time, Ashby! Try not to even think about politics…..if that’s possible. :)

  • MrDHalen

    Enjoy your time Ashby! Thank you!!

  • Victor_the_Crab

    What does Lindsey Graham have to say about this? He pledged to block all nominations because of the 60 Minutes report. A report that has now been thoroughly discredited and retracted.

    Let me see if I can answer that:

    “Well I’m-a still gonna go ahead an’ block all his nominations, ‘cuz y’all know he’s guilty ah somethin’. An’ that’s the right Southern way ah doin’ things. Lah-dee-dahh-dum, La-dee-DAHH-dum, Lah-dee-DEEEEEE-dah-Lah-dee-DAAAAAAAAH!

    Enjoy your weekend Ash. After holding down Bob’s fort for two weeks, you deserve it.

  • muselet

    Off-topic, David Atkins had an important post at Digby’s place today.

    Imagine the reaction if a PSA like that aired in the US.

    Y’all are not going to believe this.

    Wingnut insists that we don’t need ENDA because Title VII of the Civil Rights Act already prohibits employment discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation. Which it doesn’t. His “proof”? The EEOC’s internal employment policy.

    Seriously. You’ve got to read this.

    • muselet

      Good grief.

      –alopecia

  • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

    Have a good break Ashby!

  • Brucehenry

    This is off topic, sorry.

    Does anyone know why Wonkette is being blocked by Google Chrome? They say it is because a subsidiary site contains malware. Since when?

      Hmm. No problem here. Have you checked for sneaky bastard add-ons in your Chrome?

      EDIT: Also, thanks for asking, else I’da never known that Chancellor Martok got elected to the Ulysses, NY Town Board!!! (because Wonkette has sorta dropped off my radar.)

      • Brucehenry

        Thanks for replying. Wonkette is very funny, I’d hate to think it was lost to me.

      • feloniousgrammar

        I emptied a month’s worth of history and it’s still blocked. Grrrrr.

        • feloniousgrammar

          Works with Firefox.

    • muselet

      Google scans sites for malware. Sometimes there’s an ad or a link that points to a site containing something that Google’s software interprets as malware (sometimes it is, sometimes it isn’t); only very occasionally is a warning for the website itself.

      I don’t know about Chrome, but in other browsers you’re given the option of either avoiding the site—the issue is usually resolved within a few hours, although it occasionally takes a couple of days depending on what triggered the warning in the first place and the diligence of the site’s IT staff—or acknowledging that you’ve seen the alert and opening the page. If Chrome doesn’t give you the option, try another browser.

      I doubt Wonkette has suddenly become a rogue site.

      –alopecia

      • Brucehenry

        Thank you. And thank you, Bob, too.