Graham to Introduce Abortion Ban

Senator Lindsey Graham (AP)

Senator Lindsey Graham R-SC (AP photo)

Senator Lindsey Graham is feeling the heat of his sagging poll numbers, isn’t he?

After declaring that he would block all nominations unless someone tells him what he wants to hear about Benghazi, Graham is now planning to introduce a 20-week abortion ban in the Senate.

Senate Republicans will attempt to pass a bill that would bar abortions after the fifth month of a pregnancy, with Sen. Lindsey Graham as the lead sponsor, the Washington Examiner has learned.

The South Carolina Republican’s bill is a companion to the House-passed Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Act.

See? I’m one of you guys! Don’t primary me! I’ll prove it by treating women like subhumans, incapable of making their own decisions.

This entry was posted in Abortion, War On Women and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    “The Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Act”.

    Yet again, the fetus fetishists abuse not only women but the English language. “Unborn child” is an absurdity, like “pre-geriatric senior citizen” or “pre-deceased corpse”. Besides which, there is no evidence that a 20-week fetus can feel … well, anything. These folks have watched The Silent Scream too many times.

    I’ve never had much respect for Lindsey Graham, but what little I might have had has evaporated. If I thought he was capable of such an emotion, I’d say he should be ashamed of himself.

      You’re absolutely correct about botching the language. They have had great success making their terminology the default when discussing anything about abortion.

      We must continue to resist. It isn’t futile!

  • feloniousgrammar

    They want a baby so much, they can fucking have one.

  • fojap

    I followed the link and it doesn’t say if there’s an exception of the health of the mother. Do you know?

    • http://www.tumblr.com/blog/akinsc Carla Akins

      I have not seen this specifics regarding exceptions in this article or any of the others out there. Since it hasn’t actually been introduced, we probably just don’t know yet. That said, during the fetal pain debate there was the big bruhaha over exceptions and the submitting committee did not want to allow any exceptions then but public outcry caused them to cave.

  • Zen Diesel

    Ms. Graham where are the jobs jobs jobs….oh wait abortion is more important.

  • D_C_Wilson

    Should we be concerned about Lindsey’s sagging poll numbers though? He’s facing three or four potential primary opponents. Just because South Carolinians are fed up with him doesn’t mean they’re ready to elect a liberal democrat in his place. We could end up with another Ted Cruz taking his seat.

  • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

    Damn I’m getting tired of this nonsense.
    The only saving grace is that it’s separating over-zealous womb legislators from average citizens.
    And women voters are taking notice.