Health Care Exchange

November 7, 2013

Artist — Adam Zyglis

Meanwhile, the death toll is rising to over 1,200 in the Philippines as a result of Typhoon Haiyan, which is currently headed toward Vietnam.

Typhoon Haiyan is seen in this image provided by NASA taken by Astronaut Karen L. Nyberg aboard the International Space Station Nov. 9, 2013. / AP PHOTO/NASA - KAREN L. NYBERG

Typhoon Haiyan image provided by NASA taken by Astronaut Karen L. Nyberg aboard the International Space Station Nov. 9, 2013. AP PHOTO

Batten down the hatches, World.

This entry was posted in Cartoons, Environment, Healthcare, Open Thread, Weather and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • feloniousgrammar

    Mercy. It’s unlikely that the survivors of this typhoon can fathom the destruction. Trauma all the way around.

    Scary stuff.

    I am very worried that the death toll will be enormous. Makes me absolutely sick when I consider how much climate change denial has occurred and is ever ongoing among the right-fucking-wing.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      And they’ll just say about this that God is angry because: Obamacare, gays, immigrants, the poor wanting food, Miley Cyrus, blah-blah-bullshit.

      • D_C_Wilson

        You forgot abortion.

  • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

    Latest report I heard is that 10,000 may have perished.
    Just horrible destruction and loss of life.

      Yeah, I’m still hearing that 10,000 number. It’s terrible. And for a little perspective, that’s about three times as many as we lost on 9/11. But hey, no one knows how to kvetch like we do so that’s something to be proud of. /snark