Healthcare Freedom

Healthcare-Freedom

Artist — Jim Morin

Talking Points Memo did a piece the other day on how bottom-feeding, scum-sucking insurance companies are scamming their customers, taking advantage in the fog of war on Obamacare:

Georgene Mortimer, who runs a winery and lives in Hilton Head, S.C., was recently having trouble accessing the online health insurance exchange. So she decided to check in with the local insurance agent who in 2010 had sold her an individual health insurance policy from a company named USHealth Group. It didn’t take long for Mortimer to realize something was off.

“She started to basically tell me how bad the exchanges are, and that the exchanges are only for the very sick people,” Mortimer told TPM in an interview last week. “And she said, ‘Have you had cancer, heart attack, you or your husband?’ And I said no. And she said, ‘Good, because if you said yes, I would have had to recommend the exchanges.’”

The agent then proceeded to offer Mortimer a product that she touted as not meeting the minimum coverage requirements set by the Affordable Care Act (ACA).

Good people, these corporations.

This entry was posted in Cartoons, Open Thread and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • formerlywhatithink

    “The agent then proceeded to offer Mortimer a product that she touted as not meeting the minimum coverage requirements set by the Affordable Care Act (ACA).”

    Or as Republicans call it, freedom. That cartoon fit perfectly with the excerpt from TPM.

    • mrbrink

      These are the people allegedly giving the president credibility problems. Because Republicans say so and oooooh because they really need this one to qualify for their consolation prize– the Free World– according to conventional wisdom experts. The government shut down, default threats, five years of obstruction, the snickering racism, the insane attacks on women and children, the open theft of democracy– all vindicated because right wing America is effectively doing what it always does to complicated situations and turned this into a bumper sticker slogan opportunity: You didn’t build that! He didn’t call it “a terrorist attack!!” Guns & Bibles! Guns and Bibles! You can keep it if you like it!

      On and on like that. That’s how they play. Like children. Like spoiled-rotten torturers of animals. And the media placates these door-busting, cherub-faced shit-flingers with more cake and pudding. This too shall pass. It’s like front row at a Gallagher show. Pointless, mildly-retarded and messy. The president is always on mop detail, but if he misses a spot we all have to be overthrown in a Citizens United coup by Mitt Romney and Rand Paul types. No backsies!

        “It’s like front row at a Gallagher show. Pointless, mildly-retarded and messy.”

        If Gallagher used rotten fruit, then it would be spot on.

  • trgahan

    Wonder how long before a major media outlet will pick up on this and start reporting it in prime time? They were quick to find the few people pissed because they can’t keep crap insurance that forces the public to pay for them anyway?

    My guess is I’ll need a sundial to time it. I’m probably thinking the same time line as the media from changing their Tea Party coverage from Grass Roots Real Americans! to astroturfed dark money rebranding of the same hate-filled GOP base.

    Right after the election this is all meant to alter is decided is my guess.