“It’ll Be Awesome”

Jay Carney has thoughts about the Republican field in 2016.

White House press secretary Jay Carney joked Friday that it would be “awesome” if Sens. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) and Ted Cruz (R-Texas) ran for president in 2016.

“I think they all ought to run,” Carney said. “It’ll be awesome.” [...]

“I’m not going to get into 2016,” Carney said. “Unless you want to — we could talk about the Republicans. That’s pretty interesting.”

I believe what Carney is trying to say is keep going, you’re doing great!

DoingGreat

This entry was posted in Comedy, Election 2016 and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • dbtheonly

    Don’t leave out Ted Nugent.

    • muselet

      As I said back in July:

      … I say we encourage Ted Nugent to run. Nugent is everything the GOP has come to embrace, so let the country see what the Rs are really about, unedited and unfiltered. Hose him off, put a suit on him and let him go out and run his mouth for ten or twelve months. It would be hilarious—imagine the local TV interviews!—and the Rs wouldn’t win another election until the next millennium.

      Run, Ted, run!

      It still sounds like a good idea to me.

      –alopecia

      • feloniousgrammar

        Surely they wouldn’t do anything that stupid. They could run him as VP.

        • muselet

          Wouldn’t matter. Nugent would still have to be seen in public.

    I hope the Rs cough up a huge field of candidates in 2016, including Rand Paul and Ted Cruz. That would be great good fun. It’d make the 2012 primary season look like tea at Buckingham Palace.

    –alopecia