It’s That Time of Year Again

Grab your muskets and gird your loins, it’s time for the Liberal War on Christmas.

WarOnChristmas2013

My first act in the War on Christmas will be to buy my own Christmas tree for the first time in my life.

Am I doing it wrong?

This entry was posted in Super Stupid, The Media and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • i_a_c

    This has to be the biggest strawman in existence. Nobody’s stopping anybody from celebrating Christmas or exercising their freedom or whatever. No, saying “Happy holidays,” which people have been saying for ages, doesn’t count.

    I’m an atheist and I love Christmas. I put up a tree and everything. I must also be doing it wrong. Where’s my war on Christmas camouflage fatigues? They need to have colorful LEDs so that I can blend in with the surroundings and spook conservatives by shouting “POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!”

    • D_C_Wilson

      But how will they know that Christmas is the day we celebrate Apollo’s Mithras’ Jesus’ birth unless cashiers greet them with Merry Christmas every day between Labor Day and New Year’s Eve?

      • i_a_c

        Wait, Christmas is coming already? I didn’t know. I thought the Christmas music blaring in Walmart on November 3 was some kind of mistake.

        • Nefercat

          Yes, and the red and white Target/Macy’s tv ads that add up to more airtime than the actual tv shows they are sponsoring.

  • Robert Scalzi

    The first Salvo I will fire is the purchase of some Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale along with some of Anchor Steams 2013 Christmas Ale.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    The so-called “War on Christmas” is the perfect encapsulation of everything that’s wrong with the modern political right. I really can’t think of a better example.

    Oh, your first tree…how exciting! Now you must decorate it with FSM and Cthlulu ornaments. Aren’t they just adorable?

    • D_C_Wilson

      Anyone know where I can get either a Cthulu or FSM manager scene?

        http://www.venganza.org/2008/12/fsm-nativity-scene/

        AND you can get ordinated while you are there. How awesome is that?

        • JozefAL

          What is “ordinated?” Is that anything like “ordained?”

          Please. We’ve got a perfectly good word already. There’s no need to backform a new verb to mean the same thing.

            LOL, sorry. Brain fart.

        • D_C_Wilson

          Thanks. Awesome.

    • JMAshby

      Cthulhu without a doubt

    • Robert Scalzi

      Pastafari Live !!

  • D_C_Wilson

    I started my part in the War on Christmas two months ago when I decided to draw a portrait of each of my nieces as part of their Christmas gifts.

  • formerlywhatithink

  • feloniousgrammar

    My dream for the WOC is to make police tape outlines of Santa, an elf, and a few reindeer at the entrance to a mall with splotches of blood all around. Then parents who were too poor to pay for Christmas could tell their children that they’ve been very good this year, but alas— Santa was killed in a drive-by.

  • Christopher Foxx

    ..

  • Victor_the_Crab

    You muthafukahs at Fox News want a War on Christmas? I got you your War on Christmas, RIGHT HERE!!!

  • muselet

    Once again this holiday season, the right to celebrate Christmas is under attack.

    Holiday season? Holiday season?

    Oh, no! Those evil, Christmas-hating liberals have infiltrated Fox Nation! AIEEEEEE!

    *hysterical laughter*

    –alopecia