Karl Rove’s Crossroads GPS May Have Lied to the IRS

Whoops!

New tax documents, made public last Tuesday, indicate that at least $11.2 million of the grant money given to the group Americans for Tax Reform was spent on political activities expressly advocating for or against candidates. This means Crossroads spent at least $85.7 million on political activities in 2012, not the $74.5 million reported to the Internal Revenue Service. That’s about 45 percent of its total expenditures.

I don’t know what exactly the penalty is for lying to the IRS, but I imagine it’s pretty steep.

(ht Seth Price)
This entry was posted in Karl Ruprect Rove and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    Both Crossroads GPS and Americans for Tax Reform seem to have lied to the IRS.

    Such fine, upstanding men are Karl Rove and Grover Norquist.

    I won’t hold my breath waiting for Grove or Norquist to go to jail though.