McConnell: My State is Full of Freeloaders That Love Free Stuff

mitch-mcconnell-ap

You may have heard that Obamacare has been a big success in the state of Kentucky, and while that’s undoubtedly good news, Kentucky senator and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R) is not impressed.

During his weekly press briefing, McConnell admitted that Obamacare has been a success in Kentucky, but that’s only because people in his home state love Free Stuff™ and Handouts™

MCCONNELL: “Well, 85 percent of the people who’ve signed up in Kentucky have signed up for Medicaid. That’s free health care. If you want to give out free health care you’re going to have a lot of interest. Just like free anything else. There’ve also been, if you look at the statistics today, I believe I’m correct, about 270,000 cancellations of policies that people already had. So I know there’s been a great effort on the part of the administration and the governor of Kentucky to paint a pretty picture. The rollout is quite mixed — quite mixed — and largely people signing up for Medicaid. Free health care.

Free. Free. Free. Did I mention Free? Free healthcare! Free “anything else!”

Clearly it would be news to McConnell to learn that Medicaid isn’t actually free and that very few people who are currently enrolled in Medicaid have done so by choice.

They may have lost their jobs or they may actually have a job and they work at Wal-Mart or Fast Food.

Is Mitch McConnell accusing Wal-Mart of loving free health care? He may have a point.

This entry was posted in Healthcare and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Kitty Smith

    Man, fuck Yertle. He really does have a punchable face.

  • muselet

    Such a classy guy, Mitch McConnell. Always considering his constituents’ best interests.

    –alopecia

  • Zen Diesel

    Keep it classy, McChinless

  • feloniousgrammar

    That Republicans are talking about poor people getting medical care as if they were being given frivolous things is something to behold.

    • Zen Diesel

      Silly poor people “those who didn’t win the genetic lottery” don’t you know your supposed to get sick and die in the emergency rooms with no dignity.

  • Draxiar

    I bet Mitch will be surprised as to why he wasn’t re-elected if he loses the next election.

    • JozefAL

      Well, even if he doesn’t get re-elected, I’m sure he’ll manage to get by. With a little help from his “friends,” of course. Like the Koch Brothers and the Heritage Foundation.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    “How dare you the people who are going to re-elect me Senator want free stuff, lazy moochers!” says Turtleface McConnell.

  • lahru

    Earned? Interesting verb. I am sure that Mitch has been “given” more money than he has earned.

    • Sabyen91

      He works hard for the money so you’d better treat him right.

      • JozefAL

        That’s a terrible way to dishonor the memory of Donna Summer. (Why we have to lose GOOD people while while bottom-feeders like McConnell live is a pure shame.)

  • D_C_Wilson

    It’s like he’s begging his constituents not to vote for him.

  • nathkatun7

    I hope McConnell is history after the 2014 elections. He is only interested in political power. He doesn’t give a damn about serving the needs of the people of Kentucky, or the people of the U. S.

  • DZ

    Eliminate any attribution to the above quote. Take it out on the street and ask 100 random people: Was this sent in a right-wing chain e-mail, uttered by a nutty caller to a drive-time talk radio show, or said, on record, by the Minority Leader of the United States Senate?

    I’d put even money on a three-way split among answers.

    • Christopher Foxx

      Based on how the American citizenry have been performing lately, you’d likely get a three-way split if you asked them “What color is the White House? Orange, white, or Tuesday?”