Outreach

noidea

If this doesn’t make you laugh you may need to check your funny bone.

Rand Paul has been selected to headline a kickoff event in December for African American outreach.

The Michigan Republican Party will launch its new African American Engagement Office in Detroit next month, aiming to improve on the mere two percent of the vote their presidential nominee received in the city last year. To headline this event, the party has enlisted Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) — though Paul has been an outspoken critic of the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

Alternatively: aiming to improve on the mere two percent of the vote their presidential nominee received last year, the party has enlisted Rand Paul in an effort to reduce that number to one percent.

You all know Paul’s history. He doesn’t believe in the Civil Rights Act, he doesn’t want to bail out Detroit (past or present), and he doesn’t believe that voter suppression is a real thing. There is nothing about him that says “African American engagement.”

I guess Paul Ryan wasn’t available.

This entry was posted in Epic Fail, Rand Paul and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    Was John Derbyshire not available?

    –alopecia

  • drspittle

    The Rethuglicans not only want to kill us, they’re hell bent on killing satire as well. I’m not sure which one of these pisses me off the most.

  • Nefercat

    All righty, then. {scratches head}

    You know, if the republicans would pay me some ungodly sum of money, I would be happy to put all the outreach to-do items in one hat and republican names in another, and match them up at random. Who is the lucky pup with this job? Because there is clearly no effort or thought or logic required. You know, hard stuff. Thinking.

  • formerlywhatithink

    And the KKK will be holding a bake sale to raise funds for the UNCF, the Arizona Minutemen will hold a pro amnesty rally and southern racists admit the confederate flag is a hate symbol.

  • D_C_Wilson

    At this point, they might as well just make Rush Limbaugh and David Duke their co-chairs for their outreach to women and minorities.

  • mdblanche

    Instead of the clearly unqualified Rand Paul they should have gone with… hmmm… or maybe… um… well if you give me a few days maybe I can come up with someone.

      The ghost of Nathan Bedford Forrest?