Owen Hill: We Already Have a Kenyan President

Colorado Republican Owen Hill, who is challenging Senator Mark Udall (D) next year, must have thought he was very original and funny when he cracked a birther joke at breakfast last week.

While speaking about his experience with a Christian children’s charity, he revealed that he isn’t so much into helping children realize their dreams as he is taking a piss on their dreams with racially-tainted jokes.

At 0:30

HILL: “You spend time out there and little kids are running around barefoot in these kinds of streets, and you ask them what they want to be. They want to be an astronaut, they want to be a physicist, a marine biologist, one kid even told me he wanted to be president of the United States. I held back my snarky comment that said ‘Well, you know what, we already have someone from Kenya as president of the United States.’”

Ha! Isn’t that cute? The “barefoot” Kenyan child wants to be president. Someone already beat him to the punch, didn’t they? Zing! Pow!

Owen Hill is the chairman of the Colorado Senate Conservatives Fund.

Name the worst legislation unveiled in Congress in recent memory and the Senate Conservatives Fund undoubtedly supported it.

(h/t TPM)

This entry was posted in Birthers, Racism and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

    Reminds me of a Facebook comment by the chick who posed with the two idiots in Zimmerman/Martin costumes on Halloween. She wrote on her Facebook page that she saw a little black girl with her mother wearing a shirt that says “black girls rock”. Her thought at the time (but thankfully did not share with the little girl) was “First of all, sorry Hun but mommy lied to you & secondly if I was wearing a shirt that read “white girls rock” I would be stared at and called a racist cracker”

    Yes, I would call you a racist cracker and I’d add on “c*nt” too. Same goes for Owen Hill.

    • Christopher Foxx

      She’s wrong on the “mommy lied’ part but correct on the double standard . Black kid wearing a “black girls rock” shirt is seen as a show of black pride. White girl wearing a “white girls rock: shirt is seen as racist.

      It’s what comes of centuries of oppression. When the side that’s been down stands up, it’s viewed differently than when the side that’s been up does. For the former it’s seen as an expression of pride and standing up for themselves. For the latter it’s seen as an attempt to reassert their dominance.

      Congressional White Caucus, National Association of White Journalists, United Whitey College Fund or NAAWP, anyone?

      • Sabyen91

        Those damned white supremacists blew it for all of us!

      • mdblanche

        Why would white people need any of those things when we have the GOP caucus, Fox News, Bob Jones U, and the Republican Party?

        • Christopher Foxx

          I’m not suggesting white folks need those things at all. I’m just acknowledging how things actually are (white person and black person do identical things, it will be perceived/received in different ways), and putting forth a reason for why they are that way.

      • nathkatun7

        Wow! after 200 years plus of white domination, and 43 white Presidents out of 44 presidents, not to mention all other institutions (the Congress, the Courts, Major Corporations, the Police, the military, Schools, etc.) now all of a sudden whites are desperately in need of white pride? Have all these whites in search of white pride ever visited Washington D.C. and all the monuments? Do they not know anything about Mt. Rushmore? Why in the world would would you need a “Congressional White Caucus” when over 80% of members of Congress are white? Why in the world would you need a “National Association of White Journalists” when 95% of mainstream journalists are white?

        There is one thing that’s absolutely certain about white racial supremacy: the ability to innovate. During Reconstruction, Southern whites incessantly complained about “Negro Political domination,” despite the fact that all former Confederate States had white governors, and majority white legislatures, except for South Carolina where the Black population made up about 60% of the population.

        Why would white people want the NAAWP, when they control the Congress, all the major Corporations, all the major media (FOX, CNN, CBS, NBC, ABC), all the major universities, and all the widely listened talk radio shows?

        Why are some of these superior white folks so insecure that the election of the first Black President led them to insanity? I am not just talking about the regular poor and uneducated poor whites! I am talking about billionaires, the supposedly smart media people, seasoned members of
        Congress, governors of states, judges, and, believe it or not, some in the academia.

        The south used the hysteria of opposing “Negro domination” to restore “White supremacy” that necessitated the enactment of Jim Crow (segregationist laws). I personally see a great deal of similarity between the Segregationists of the late 19th and early 20th centuries and the modern right wing tea baggers.

        • Christopher Foxx

          now all of a sudden whites are desperately in need of white pride?

          Precisely not what I was saying at all.

          Why would white people want the NAAWP

          Who suggested they do? My comment wasn’t that white folks want or need a NAAWP (or any of the other groups I mentioned). Rather, I was just acknowledged that there is a double standard which exists, and suggested a reason why that is the case.

  • muselet

    Conservatives and comedy, always a horrific combination.

    –alopecia

    • Kitty Smith

      I’m pretty sure “conservatives and *” will be horrific.

  • LTanya Spearman

    This goes in, ‘You Can Make This Sh??-up!!!
    Carl Bernstein said it best:
    Carl Bernstein to Msnbc: President Obama “Make Monkey’s” out…
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjS-PGXtAEo&list=UUmaT1G8t12Bd5w

  • trgahan

    Owen is a reflection of why so many rural Colorado counties voted for secession of Tuesday. His “joke” is what all too many actually think and believe as gospel.

    Colorado’s long time latifundio economy and political structure has been eroding since 1990. Since 2000 the traditional electoral power greatly weakened. I expect the state to swing wildly in coming elections as the conservatives try to prevent the growing urban, blue majority from taking hold.

  • Sabyen91

    Well, Owen, there has already been a low-brow, nasty turd who couldn’t reason his way out of a wet paper bag in the WH so you are out of luck, too.