Pope Francis Continues Working Miracles

Rupert Murdoch tweeted this out today:

Pope Francis revitalising Church worldwide with wonderful challenging statements and actions. Certainly making me, like others, rethink much.

Photograph: Alessandro Bianchi/Reuters

Photograph: Alessandro Bianchi/Reuters

Like the title says, Pope Francis continues to work miracles.

This entry was posted in Breaking News, Fox News Channel, Fracking, Religion and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    As Charlie Pierce said, “I hope somebody’s tasting this guy’s food.”

    MIND…BLOWN!!!

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Now let’s see how the so-called good Catholics like O’Reilly, Hannity, Bolling, Ingrahm, et al over at Fox News handle the Pope and what he’s doing to people like Murdoch.

    • mrbrink

      My best guess is this will be the Murdoch-Mood-Ring-Memo after Sarah Palin had to apologize for suggesting that this Pope, like reality, has a liberal bias– which is supposed to be a deal-breaking trait in life for conservatives, after all.

      So they’ll probably just graciously zip it while making childish crazy circles with their fingers and carry on bearing false witness, coveting thy neighbor’s food stamps and beheading voodoo dolls and all that. And the thing is, they absolutely disagree with much of what the Pope has been up to. There’s no hiding it. This Pope is forcing these fakers to confront their demons and try to explain them away. They can try to avert their eyes and ears all they want, but it’s inescapable. Could you see Hannity, or Ingraham, or Bolling embracing someone with severe leprosy? Other than Satan?

  • Badgerite

    Speaking as someone who was raised Catholic and has all the instinctive responses that that would imply, you can’t help but be encouraged by the genuine humanity of this Pope. I think that the rank and file laity and clergy finally feel as if they have an advocate among the Church hierarchy for all the things that directly touch their lives and make them better or worse.

    • Scopedog

      Agreed. And if many atheists are praising this Pope, then you know he _has_ to be doing something good.

      Of course, there are the doubting Thomases out there who are convinced that this is all a trick, a scam, but whatever….

      • Badgerite

        Time will tell. I prefer to take him at his word right now. He is certainly catching flack from all the ‘right’ people for the tenor of his comments. I don’t know about Murdoch. Maybe he actually touched a nerve. He is, after all, human. I think.

    I think y’all are reading the tweet wrong:

    Pope Francis revitalising Church worldwide with wonderful challenging
    statements and actions.

    RM thought bubble: “Finally, a challenge to my power. I haven’t felt a real one in years.”

    Certainly making me, like others, rethink much.

    RM thought bubble: “Why did David, Charles and I ever allow him to be elected?”