Sarah Palin Continues To Speak For All Conservatives

Sarah Palin on Fox Sunday with Chris Wallace today discussing her views on the Senate’s recent move to allow democracy to prevail conveying some sort of folksy coded-message to Christmoose Chili-loving America is enough to make any seasoned journalist weep internally.

Wallace stated that President Obama’s nominees have been held up at more than twice the rate of former President Bush’s and asked the former, almost-Vice President of The Free World, “Doesn’t any president — Republican or Democrat — have the right to be able to name his team unless a nominee is just wildly outside the mainstream?”

After accusing the president of having pals who are no doubt terrorists trying to help him “usher in an agenda to transform America,” Sarah Palin sits down at America’s Thanksgiving dinner table and narrates the scene in Bizarro-Norman Rockwell fashion:

“As for this rule change that some people are calling the nuclear option under Senate rules, you know, I guarantee, this week, Thanksgiving Dinner, people sitting around their tables were not going to be talking about the president blessing this thwarting of a balance of power in Congress with new Senate rules– People are going to be talking about our failed big government policies that will bankrupt this country.”

“So, this distraction, this new talking point in the media and with Congress and with Senators and with the president blessing this action, it’s a distraction and it’s a lot of, you know, double standard and Democrat hypocrisy because just a few years ago they were so anti, anti-nuclear option.”

“So, American people, they don’t care about distractions like that. They’re not in the inside baseball Senate rules stuff. They want government to be back on our side. They want it to get out of our lives… So, this new rule change, it stinks.”

For the record, she didn’t pronounce “nuclear” correctly, and the ellipsis at the bottom of the quote is more of a stenographer’s surrender flag than a tool for expedience.

Nearly 60 million people who could never be wrong about anything– ever– voted for this person to be next in line to the presidency. Of America.

Just pointing that out to preempt the argument that she represents an insignificant segment of American politics.

This entry was posted in Far-right Intellectual Violence, Quote, Republican Party, Sarah Palin, Senate, Stupid Party and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Alan Fors

    “thwarting of a balance of power” is the name of my next retro-punk band.

  • muselet

    “Now who can argue with that? I think we’re all indebted to Gabby Johnson for clearly stating what needed to be said. I’m particularly glad that these lovely children were here today to hear that speech. Not only was it authentic frontier gibberish, it expressed a courage little seen in this day and age.” So said Chris Wallace Olson Johnson.

    For another Bizarro World view of majority rule in the Senate, try Ted Cruz’s.

      Rass’r!

  • Nefercat

    Hey, Chris. Yes, you, Chris Wallace. I remember your daddy was a journalist (notice I’m not saying “too”).

    Give one, just one reason why a sane person wishing to inform themselves about current events in our nation would consult this vicious, nasty-tempered, braindead, willfully ignorant dunce? She gives harpies a bad name.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      Give one, just one reason why a sane person wishing to inform themselves about current events in our nation would consult this vicious, nasty-tempered, braindead, willfully ignorant dunce?

      Probably, for the same reason, people get off from seeing an oncoming car wreck.

    • D_C_Wilson

      Because it’s marginally less painful that beating yourself in the head with a sledgehammer.

      • Christopher Foxx

        Huh? Nobody told Wallace he had to interview Buzzword Barbie or he’d get clobbered with a hammer. Don’t buy into the notion that she has to be interviewed. On the contrary, she should be ignored.

        • D_C_Wilson

          It’s called sarcasm.

  • waspuppet

    “So, American people, they don’t care about distractions like that. They’re not in the inside baseball Senate rules stuff.”

    Yup; you’re right. American people never thought a nominee, or for that matter a bill, should get 58 votes out of 100 and fail.

  • 1933john

    I consider Palin to be a “UPS”, that’s not “United Parcel Sevice”
    or “Uninterruptible Power Supply”, but “Useless Piece of Shit”.

  • Christopher Foxx

    … nuclear option … thwarting of a balance of power… failed big government policies that will bankrupt this country.

    double standard … Democrat hypocrisy…

    … American people … inside baseball Senate rules stuff … [gov't] out of our lives…

    And once again Palin shows nobody can string nothingness together like Buzzword Barbie.

  • Badgerite

    I take it that “just a few years ago” would be a reference to the Bush years where as the numbers say, his nominees were approved at double the rate that they have been under the policy of obstruct everything and anything engaged in by the GOP in Congress with respect to President Obama. It doesn’t take an “inside baseball” genius to figure out that it is part of the ‘impeachment through obstruction’ tactics of the GOP who would like to impeach him but can’t because his crime is —— BPWB. Being President while Black. And that isn’t specified in the Constitution as a ‘high crime or misdemeanor’.

  • Chris Boardman

    “They’re not in the inside baseball Senate rules stuff. They want government to be back on our side. They want it to get out of our lives” – can someone please translate this gibberish into English?

      “Me am huckster who talk big words make rubes donate money.”