Senate GOP Want to Tie ENDA to.. Abortion?

vitterVitter Da Shitter has proposed an amendment to the Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA) that would ban “sex-selective abortion.”

Vitter wants a vote on his proposed ban on sex-selective abortions as part of the amendment process for the LGBT workplace discrimination bill, according to Democratic and Republican aides, though the legislation has nothing to do with abortion. The Louisiana Republican first introduced his bill, the Prenatal Nondiscrimination Act, in June 2012.

I probably don’t need to tell to you, but “sex-selective abortion” is a myth. This is a solution in search of a problem and merely another feather in the cap for enlistees in the War on Women.

I said that I wouldn’t be shocked if Republicans will agree to passing the ENDA if we also pass tort reform and ban lawsuits but, in hindsight, that may have been setting the bar too low.

This entry was posted in Abortion, LGBT, War On Women and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    Okay, I just checked and David Vitter isn’t up for reelection until 2016, which must mean this proposed amendment is intended to deflect attention from something.

    Could it be that Diaper Dave has been … erm … renting companionship by the hour again?

    –alopecia

  • Maike Hudson

    When “sex-selective abortion” first came up in Congress, Facebook lit up with people claiming that “Obama wants to abort girls.” Never mind that PBO himself has two daughters and no sons.

    • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

      Agreed; “sex-selective abortion” is just another rightwing myth.
      I tell you; with all the warped nonsense they make up out of thin air, it makes me wonder what sick minds these misogynistic reprobates have.

      • feloniousgrammar

        Don’t forget the black baby holocaust. Planned Parenthood has murdered more black people than the clan. Uh huh.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    That’s a face that says: “DAAAHHYEEEEAAAH!!!”

    • D_C_Wilson

      Mongo like candy.

      That pic actually reminds me of Ruprecht

  • Zen Diesel

    I propose an amendment to outlaw diaper wearing senators from soliciting hookers.

  • D_C_Wilson

    I’m guessing “poison pill” here.