Steve King Mistakes Nigerian Prince Email as Secret Iraq War Evidence. Probably.

SteveKing
Iowa congressman and secret border control agent Steve King apparently has access to evidence that no one else has, not even the administration of whom he speaks.

The Bush Administration eventually admitted that Iraq was not purchasing uranium from Niger, but Steve King claims that he has “hands-on evidence” that what Bush said was true. You know, just like when Steve King personally went to the border and picked drug smugglers up ‘with his own hands.’

After hand-waving the dishonesty and misdeeds of several former presidents, King segues directly into something about Obamacare.

At 0:50

KING: George W. Bush, he was accused of 16 words in the State of the Union address that they said was a lie and they’re still attacking him for that. And Jan, I will tell you, I have had hands-on evidence that what George Bush said in that State of the Union address was the truth and he was still punished for it.

The Democrats have raised this level now where where you even have a president who willfully misinforms the American people, one election or two on this… he got the bill passed because of the dishonesty that came out of the president of the United States. It would not have passed if he told the truth and I don’t think the president would have been reelected either.

According to secret intelligence agent Steve King, something President Obama said at some point about Obamacare is clearly much worse than President Bush delivering false information to the entire nation during the run-up to a bogus war, because that information wasn’t false. Minuteman Owl Steve King has “hands-on evidence” that Iraq was buying uranium from Niger.

As for what that evidence is, King leaves us guessing. I assume it isn’t Nigerian uranium, but we can’t be sure if Steve King received an email from a Nigerian Prince who wants to sell him some uranium, or if someone mailed him a brick of fool’s gold and told him it was yellowcake.

In any event, it’s clear that Steve King is still… the King of Crazy.

CSI

This entry was posted in George W. Bush, Iraq, Wingnuts and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • JozefAL

    Not sure if it’s deliberate on Ashby’s part or just simple confusion but there are two similarly named (but completely different) African countries: Niger (where Saddam allegedly got his yellow birthday cake) and Nigeria (the home of all the scam princes). The inhabitants of the former country are “NigeriEN” and the latter country (including the scam artists) who are “NigeriAN.” (There was a point when the proper demonym for Niger was either Nigerese or Nigerois but, apparently, the government of Niger changed it to confuse people. Not that it was really needed for Americans, of course.)

    • muselet

      I believe that was what is known in the trade as “a joke.”

      It’s a joke JozefAL.

  • muselet

    Conservatives and reality, always a horrific combination.

    something President Obama said at some point about Obamacare

    Actually, assuming the “something” is his statement that you can keep your existing plans, he said it several times and particularity stressed the point. So not as vague a thing as you’re trying to handwave away. Leave that tactic to the wingnut where it belongs.

    That said, King clearly has no hands on evidence, or evidence of any type. But he’s got the same belief as the rest of the wingnuts: “I can say whatever I want and it will be the truth simply because I want it to be the truth.”

    • JMAshby

      I didn’t handwave anything. Virtually everything King says is nonsense and I treat it as such. Thanks for your concern.

      • Christopher Foxx

        Yeah, yeah. I’m a concern troll so dismissively just hand wave me away.

        • JMAshby

          Do you need a bandaid for that booboo?

          • Christopher Foxx

            Nah. Condescension doesn’t hurt that much.

    • Churchlady320

      If you like your existing PLANS… Junk insurance that was fobbed onto unsuspecting people who then changed after 2010 are not “PLANS”. They cover almost nothing, can deny you protection when you’re sick or injured, and charge low prices ONLY because either the deductible forces you to pay everything before it kicks in, or it covers almost nothing at all. Junk policies are not being cancelled – they are being RECALLED just as is done with ALL dangerous and inadequate products. Health plans that actually work – such as mine – are remaining in force, NOT being recalled, and are safe. Your implication that PBO lied is simply wrong – junk policies are not ‘health care plans” like them or not.

  • Kevin B.

    David Caruso, the only man to act with his sunglasses.