The Daily Banter Mail Bag: Reid Nukes the Filibuster, the JFK assassination, and Confronting Roseanne Barr

This week’s questions. Answers here.

1) How do you feel about Harry Reid finally giving in and using the nuclear option? I think it needed to be done but I think it’s going to come back to bite the Dems at some point.
– Tracy

2) How do you think America would be different right now if John F. Kennedy hadn’t been assassinated?

3) Will Roseanne get an invitation to the Daily Banter Christmas party and if so will there be pictures we can see?
– Chris

This entry was posted in Mail Bag, The Daily Banter. Bookmark the permalink.
  • kushiro -

    Hey, Bob. Link goes to your Kennedy piece.

  • PhilSimms
  • notoriousbob

    Agree on the nuclear answers. If/when the Repubs get control of the Senate again they would have changed the filibuster rules anyway. And not just for nominations. They will change the filibuster rules for everything. We would have put up with their shit for 8 years and then they would have changed them anyway. These guys are that crazy.

  • RamOrgan

    I think an acceptable solution would be to manage filibusters — all filibusters — the same way they manage challenges in NFL play. Allow only 3 per half. Since the senate term is 6 years, a half would be 3, so 1 filibuster per year. It would encourage a party to use them wisely. Instead of batshit insanely like what’s been happening.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    All you need to know about the Republican party’s reaction to the so-called nuclear option is the recent actions of Lindsey Graham, who vowed to block all of the Obama administration’s appointments because of the 60 Minutes piece on Benghazi. When that story proved to be an outright lie, Graham went ahead and continued to vow and block the administration’s appointments anyways because FUCK YOU, THAT’S WHY!!!

    Republicans don’t need a reason to be disdainful asswipes. They just do.