These Are The Voyages of The USS Zumwalt

Named after Elmo Russell Zumwalt, Jr., shut your mouth! and under the command of one James Kirk, the USS Zumwalt was launched from Bath, Maine this past week, and boy does it look de-licious:

131028-O-ZZ999-103

The ship, the first of three Zumwalt-class destroyers, will provide independent forward presence and deterrence, support special operations forces and operate as part of joint and combined expeditionary forces. The lead ship and class are named in honor of former Chief of Naval Operations Adm. Elmo R. “Bud” Zumwalt Jr., who served as chief of naval operations from 1970-1974. (U.S. Navy photo courtesy of General Dynamics/Released)– Wiki.

nuqDaq ‘oH puchpa”e’…?

To boldly destroy what everyone has pretty much destroyed several times before. And, no, it cannot core an apple.

Godspeed, Captain Kirk. Godspeed.

This entry was posted in Heroes, Technology and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    Actually, that is a pretty stunning looking ship. Now, let’s see if it works any better than the other super-duper high-tech ships the Navy’s paid for over the years …

    –alopecia

  • gescove

    Stick a smokestack on it and it looks like a $1.8 billion Merrimack.

  • Auld_mac

    21st century answer to a 19th century question. Kind of like a very high end car, very cool technologically but ultimately useless for anything other than the conspicuous consumption and associated funding sink holes it embodies.

      Are you saying that we have no need now nor will we in future have need of a craft that can get close to shore and allow special forces to land?

  • Badgerite

    petaQ…………vIneH! Live long and prosper!

  • formerlywhatithink

    I’m waiting for the Space Battleship Yamato.