Word Salad of the Day

I’m gonna need someone to explain Sarah Palin’s “explanation” of her healthcare plan to me.

At 0:25

“The plan is to allow those things that had been proposed over many years to reform a health-care system in America that certainly does need more help so that there’s more competition, there’s less tort reform threat, there’s less trajectory of the cost increases, and those plans have been proposed over and over again. And what thwarts those plans? It’s the far left. It’s President Obama and his supporters who will not allow the Republicans to usher in free market, patient-centered, doctor-patient relationship links to reform health care.”

“there’s less trajectory of the cost increases”

Less trajectory??

Picard and Riker Facepalm

This entry was posted in Sarah Palin, Super Stupid and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • D_C_Wilson

    I’ve said this before, but it’s still true. Sarah Palin no real understanding of the words coming out of her mouth. She’s just ticking off a checklist of rightwing bullet points that somebody handed to her. She’s completely useless in any kind of real policy debate, because her comprehension begins and ends with a simple checklist.

    • Christopher Foxx

      Sarah Palin no real understanding of the words coming out of her mouth. She’s just ticking off a checklist of rightwing bullet points that somebody handed to her.

      Precisely true.

    • FlipYrWhig

      It really is like she’s watched a PowerPoint and has no notion that it requires at least one more step to turn the bullet points into sentences. Like if she had to explain the Underpants Gnomes she’d say, “Well, Savannah, the plan is step one collect underpants step two question mark step three profits.”

  • Lady Willpower

    Don’t make me listen to her anymore. She’s irrelevant. Utterly.

  • Nefercat

    “… and those plans have been proposed over and over again. And what thwarts those plans? It’s the far left.

    Well, no, Princess Blender Brain. Republicans were happy hamsters when plans similar to the ACA/Obamacare were proposed by the Heritage Foundation and implemented by a republican governor.

    However! As soon as President Blackenstein supported identical proposals, you stupid traitorous dustbunnies for brains morans started running in circles, setting your pants on fire and squawking about death panels and the soshalisms coming to git us.

    So how about you just fuck off and jam your head into a pile of the steaming horseshit that spews out of your piehole every time someone sticks a quarter in you and flips the switch?

    Also, you are in your fiftieth year and sporting huge false boobies, a cheap and badly cared for big hair wig, and a glitter-encrusted belt buckle so big and worn so low that it clonks into your scrawny thigh. I have seen big-city streetwalkers wearing change machines that dressed and comported themselves more tastefully than you.

    Roast in hell, John McCain.

      “Princess Blender Brain”

      That is, hands down, my favorite name for this bubble headed ninny.

    • Badgerite

      Best Comment Award. I laugh out loud. I also particularly like Princess Blender Brain.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      Princess Blender Brain™

      Love! It!

    • txvoodoo

      I want to frame this comment.

    • Pink No More

      Princess Blender Brain

      I fucking love that. Sounds like a My Little Pony name. A cross-eyed alicorn.

      ETA: Though it does insult the noble blender…

  • GrafZeppelin127

    Oh, Sarah, honey, sweetie, darling, bubbalah, it usually helps to know things before you say things. I think you do rather too much of the latter and not nearly enough of the former.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    She’s probably referring to the only two things Republicans and their fans/enablers can think of: (1) letting insurers sell policies “across state lines” (meaning, let a person in Connecticut buy a policy issued under Wyoming law), and (2) “tort reform” (meaning, either limit or prevent doctors, hospitals, manufacturers, drug companies, &c. from being liable for the harm they cause).

    Neither of these things has worked where it’s been tried (see, e.g., Texas and California), and that’s if “worked” only means “brought costs down.” What gets completely lost in the conversation, and which no Republican in my memory has ever been asked to explain or account for, is that neither of these things will get a single uninsured person, insured. At the end of the day, if the goal is to insure the uninsured, neither “across state lines” nor “tort reform” has any chance of accomplishing that. What they accomplish is two things: (1) save the insurance, medical, biotech and pharmaceutical industries money, and (2) make the insurance, medical, biotech and pharmaceutical industries money.

    • Christopher Foxx

      and which no Republican in my memory has ever been asked to explain or account for, is that neither of these things will get a single uninsured person, insured.

      Oh, they’ve been asked. They just refuse to ever actually address the question.

    • Badgerite

      Also, Best Comment Award. Along a the more serious vein.

    • FlipYrWhig

      Of course you’re right that neither of those converts people from uninsured to insured in the least.

      IMHO the “sell across state lines” thing might be somewhat helpful if there were a solid federal standard for minimum benefits. Which “Obamacare” has. And which Republicans have been whining about for years: “but I’m not gonna be pregnant!”

      Then again, the moment you point out that selling an a la carte plan to pre-Medicare men would be a terrible business proposition, they start backpedaling from their pose of hard-nosed entrepreneurialism right quick.

      • GrafZeppelin127

        Something else Republicans won’t tell you vis-à-vis the “I’m not gonna be pregnant” whine.

        If you’re a man, pregnancy coverage, even if it’s mandated and included in your policy, shouldn’t cost you anything. Meaning it shouldn’t add anything to your premium because the insurer knows that your risk is zero. Insuring that risk doesn’t cost them anything, and by extension shouldn’t cost you anything.

        • Churchlady320

          They live with the delusion that if it’s removed it will automatically cost less. They see nothing at all about how costly a la carte pick and choose coverage is from the paperwork and bureaucracy it creates. Since women used to pay more, they are deluded that if you kick ‘wimmins’ things off your Big Boy plan, you MUST, prima facie, pay less than if those ‘wimmins’ things are there.

          Wrong.

    • Nefercat

      Well, I for one remember how credit card interest rates plummeted when you could sign up for credit cards across state lines, like in whichever Dakota it is that has all the bank headquarters and no usury laws. /snark

      All buying across state lines would mean is that red states would immediately become EZ regulations/insurance company-friendly paradises where all the junk policies would hang out.

      • Churchlady320

        And, since insurance is regulated by the state where it’s sold, you’d be forced to GO to that state and try to get what they failed to honor once you needed the insurance. Good luck with that.

        • GrafZeppelin127

          Well, that’s part of the point as well. Someone in Connecticut, where there’s a significant risk of Lyme disease, buys a policy in Wyoming, where there’s none, catches Lyme disease, has no coverage, has to go to Wyoming to sue.

  • Christopher Foxx

    It’s just the typical collection of buzzwords that is all Palin is capable of because she honestly doesn’t understand the question.

    Lauer: What it the plan?

    Palin: Umm, topic is “health care”. Now what were those health care things? Oh, yes… The plan is … reform … competition … tort reform … cost increase… Now, uh, blame. Gotta use my blame words … far left … President Obama and his supporters … What else? Oh, yeah. … free market … doctor-patient relationship … reform health care.

  • Christopher Foxx

    those [Republican] plans have been proposed over and over again. And what thwarts those plans? It’s the far left. It’s President Obama and his supporters

    There’s a name that’s been given to those Republican plans that the left has been thwarting: Obamacare.

    • Badgerite

      Best Snark Award.

      • Christopher Foxx

        Thanks :)

    • Nefercat

      So perfect.

      • Christopher Foxx

        Thanks. :)

  • Mike_Norris

    I am absolutely convinced that Sarah Palin is severely mentally ill–totally delusional. When I think that this nut could have been the vice-president, I get cold chills. She is just stupid–there is no other way to describe what comes out of her mouth. I am just shallow enough that I used to think, “Yeah she’s stupid, but she is pretty good looking.” Hell, I don’t even think that anymore. Why do media people keep asking her questions and sticking microphones in her face? Doesn’t the Today Show have enough problems in terms of credibility without having Sarah Fucking Palin on the show? Jeezus…

    • Christopher Foxx

      I used to think, “Yeah she’s stupid, but she is pretty good looking.”

      Well, that’s interesting. That’s exactly what McCain’s handlers were thinking when they drafted her.

      • Mike_Norris

        I know, right?

  • Christopher Foxx

    I realize Matt Lauer isn’t a journalist. But it’s a shame he allowed her to get away with this. He tried to get her on the question a few times at the start, tried to get her back on it mid-salad. But once she was done he just gave up.

    I’d love to, just once, see someone actually say to her “That was really just a bunch of stock phrases tacked together into a meaningless word salad. Let’s try again. What exactly is the alternative plan?”

    Instead, we get a wimpy “L-lets move on.”

  • Badgerite

    Wow. No can help, buddy. ‘Tort reform threat’? Tort ‘reform’, otherwise known as closing the court house door to those injured by medical malpractice, is a GOP platform issue.
    I think she may have gotten the ‘crib notes’ in one hand confused with the ‘crib notes’ in her other hand.

    • Nefercat

      She didn’t think through the implications of having to write notes on her feet, also too.

    • GrafZeppelin127

      Not just med mal. Products liability too.

  • WarmNewt

    If you didn’t laugh at that there is something wrong with you. Okay maybe crying is an appropriate reaction too.

    • Nefercat

      Or ripping out your speakers and sobbing “My ears, my ears.”

  • Victor_the_Crab

    At this point, wouldn’t it make better sense to copy and paste some Lorem Ipsum type over Sarah Palin’s tossed word salad? It’d be the same thing, only more intelligent.

  • muselet

    Sarah Palin has outdone herself. That’s not a good thing.

    –alopecia

  • txvoodoo
  • Nefercat

    Previous Palin brilliance on the topic of health care reform:

    “…what the bailout does is help those who are concerned about the healthcare reform that is needed to help shore up our economy, helping tho— it’s got to be all about job creation too, shoring up our economy, and putting it back on the right track, so healthcare reform and reducing taxes and reining in spending has got to accompany tax reductions and tax relief…”

    Got that? Reducing taxes has got to accompany tax reductions and tax relief.

    Dodos are extinct. Why isn’t she?

  • mrbrink

    The way she talks about the ‘thwarting of their plans’ by the “far-left” and getting out of the way to “allow the Republicans to usher in the free market” sounds about like what you’d expect The Final Solution to sound like when read from her palm.

    • Badgerite

      Maybe you should make it a contest. Sarah Palin Word Salad Rubics Cube.
      If you can make a complete thought out of her twisted string of words, you win.

      • mrbrink

        Maybe a Magic 8-Ball/Scrabble mash-up marketed to Wingnuts with no sense of irony. Probably a multi-million dollar idea. We could use the proceeds to buy back the congress.

        “Less tort reform threats, less trajectory of the cost increases and more patient-centered, doctor-patient links” for the win every time! Winner gets to implement it into national policy.

        • Badgerite

          Nicely done. Almost coherent.

      Actually having to listen to her feels like The Final Solution to me. Nails on a chalkboard…./shudder

  • Treading_Water

    If John McCain gets to be on every Sunday talk show, then it’s time to make him translate this gibberish. Every week should be a new episode of “John McCain Presents: I Think What Sarah Palin Meant Was…” He brought this moran to the party, it’s time for him to explain why.