Worst Persons in the World

I don’t have a name to cite because it hasn’t been reported, but the woman responsible for handing these out to kids on Halloween in Albuquerque along with their Snickers and Jolly Ranchers is a terrible, terrible person. (via ThinkProgress)

Trick-or-Treat-or-Abortion

Why? Why would you hand these out to little kids? Little kids who have no idea what it is they’re looking at, leaving their parents to explain.

Whoever you are, fuck you. You’re a bad person and you should feel bad.

The anti-choice movement is filled with horrible people.

This entry was posted in Abortion, War On Women, Worst Persons and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • feloniousgrammar

    It would have been just a little less appropriate to give them pictures of their parents having sex.

  • Craig Moffitt

    Nothing quite like religion to make people put all ethical considerations aside when in support of the “Cause”.

  • Christopher Foxx

    Clearly a person who would give these out to children who are trying to enjoy Halloween has no interest in protecting kids. They’re actually on a power trip, enjoying the effect they can have on those unable to defend themselves.

    They aren’t trying to protect the helpless. Exactly they’re eagerly willing to harm them for their own enjoyment.

    • feloniousgrammar

      Authoritarians believe that children must be indoctrinated at an early age. Witness the Texas textbook debacle. My mother wasn’t extreme, but she often cautioned we children not to “get any ideas in our heads.” Me and the cousins used to tilt our heads, and pretend to slap the higher ear to dislodge any “ideas” in our heads.

      Right wingers often feel that being exposed to different perspectives is a danger to their soul. It’s not something that can be reasoned with. I’m trying to think of an appropriate response to questions a child might ask about such a campaign and at this time, I don’t have a clue except to tell them that it’s not something a child needs to be concerned about, that it’s an adult issue, and that it was abusive of the women to burden children this issue because there isn’t anything a child can do about it.

        I would tell my child that the adult who gave that to her is sick and her illness is confusing her. AND that’s she’s dangerous so stay away from her and her family. Then I’d be tempted to march over there and put some burning dog pooh on her doorstep and ring her bell.

    • Christopher Foxx

      What was this person trying to accomplish? Children don’t vote. severn-year-olds don’t decide public policy. Kids don’t undertand the abortion issue. (Hell, most adults don’t undertand it.)

      So in what way did she think this would actually help achieve the goals she claims to be working toward?

      Answer 1: It wouldn’t. It’s actually counter-productive because tactics like this make folks who might lean her way instead want to distance themselves.

      Answer 2: It actually goes right for the goal she’s trying to achieve. It’s just that the her goal isn’t what she claims it is. She doesn’t really care strongly about abortion. It’s just a cause that lets her be a self-righteous, holier-than-thou bully. And that, feeling like she has power and influence, feeling like she’s superior in some way, that is her goal.

      If abrtion were completely outlawed tomorrow she’d be upset becasue she’d have to find some other cause to use as a cover story.

    • MiddleMittenLiberal

      They aren’t a fetus, so who cares…

      • Christopher Foxx

        She doesn’t care about a fetus either.

  • muselet

    Local news outlet KOB 4 confirmed that the official group lobbying for the 20-week ban, Protect ABQ Women and Children, wasn’t responsible for the cards passed out to trick-or-treaters. But Elisa Martinez, who heads the group, didn’t criticize the effort.

    “Everything that we’re putting out is focused on this ordinance and passing the ordinance,” Martinez told KOB. “Whatever anyone else feels empowered to do, we’re not going to stop them.”

    Call me a cynic, but it sounds to me like Elisa Martinez knows who’s responsible, and approves heartily of using trick-or-treaters to advance her fetus-fetishism.

    There’s are several words to describe people like Martinez, but I won’t use any of them. I’ll just think them very loudly.

      Coward works.

      So do fascist and hypocrite.

        Think uglier and dirtier ;) She wouldn’t understand the terms you propose.