A New Front in the War on Christmas

FauxWaronChristmas

Just as they did when the non-existent threat of Sharia Law emerged, legislators in Oklahoma are considering a pair of bills to combat the non-existent threat of the liberal War on Christmas.

Two bills, HB2316 and HB 2317, “permit school districts to display on school property scenes or symbols associated with traditional winter celebrations,” which the co-sponsors of the bill define to mean Christmas and Hanukkah. The language also states that any religious scene must also depict at least one other religious or secular icon.

War on Christmas Doomsday Preppers and the bill’s chief sponsors are apparently afraid that someone may file a lawsuit against public schools for use of the phrase “Merry Christmas,” saying that the bills will allow schools to “celebrate winter traditions without fear of lawsuit, retribution or reprisal.”

As Adam Peck writing for ThinkProgress explains, the inclusion of “at least one other religious or secular icon” is an attempt to avoid being ruled unconstitutional just as the state’s ban on Sharia Law was ruled unconstitutional.

The Founders must have been in on the liberal War on Christmas.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to be a good liberal and go burn a Christmas tree and tell a kid that Santa isn’t real.

This entry was posted in Stupid Party, Super Stupid and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • GrafZeppelin127

    Few things piss me off more than the War on Christmas™.

    Did anyone hear Sister Sarah’s palabra ensalada the other day?

    “[T]hese are angry atheists …. Why is it they get to claim some offense taken when they see a plastic Jewish family on somebody’s lawn – a nativity scene, that’s basically what it is right? Oh, they take such offense, though. They say that it physically even can hurt them and mentally it distresses them so they sue, right? But heaven forbid we claim any type of offense when we say, ‘Wait, you’re stripping Jesus from the reason, as the reason for the season,’ but heaven forbid we claim any type of offense. So that double standard…”

    Oh, Sarah, honey, sweetie, darling, bubbalah, let’s just take that one item at a time:

    Why is it they get to claim some offense taken…?

    Because they are human beings and Americans, and are free to feel however they want and to express those feelings.

    But heaven forbid we claim any type of offense…

    What, you mean “they” are allowed to take and express offense but “we” are not? Horrors! How does that work? How exactly are “we” not allowed to “claim any type of offense”? What happens if “we” do? What? Tell me, what? Other people will say things? That’s it? That’s all that happens when you “claim any type of offense,” other people say things to you and have thoughts about it? And since other people will say and think things about you, that means you can’t “claim any type of offense?”

    Dearie, please get over yourself. You can take offense when you drive by my house and see that there is no nativity scene in front of it. Take all the offense you want. I don’t have to care. Neither do I have to accept it, agree with it or praise you for feeling it.

    • D_C_Wilson

      Ah, but you’re forgetting that people saying things about something Glacier Gidget said is a clear violation of her 1st Amendment rights. Checkmate!

  • Nick2000

    Technically, Santa has nothing to do with the birth of Jesus. Nor do pine trees or snow for that matter… which is why it is not called Christ mass in other countries. Christmas is usually considered to be the mass held at midnight for the birth of Jesus and completely disconnected from the tree and presents the guy from the north pole. I always find it funny when it is brought together

  • muselet

    The purpose of the Oklahoma Merry Christmas bill is to put a beacon of light, a safe harbor, if you will, in the pages of statutes so that our children … and our parents can run to a lighthouse whose light shines boldly on the pages of Oklahoma’s law books and declares that they have a right to express their core beliefs and celebrate winter traditions without fear of lawsuit, retribution or reprisal,” said Rep. Ken Walker, R-Tulsa, during a Capitol press conference.

    (emphasis in original)

    Translated from the weaselspeak: Feel free to bully anyone who has a different religion from you!

    Any decent god would be ashamed to have worshipers like these knuckleheads.

    –alopecia

  • Auld_mac

    Atheist Christmas Hypocrites!
    http://youtu.be/J68N4lw1VmU