Another Baby with a Gun

This kid wasn’t even two-years-old and he shot his mother.

A South Dakota woman was shot by her 23-month-old son on Thursday while she tried to take away a loaded revolver from the boy.

According to the Rapid City Journal, the 22-year-old woman noticed the youngster playing with the revolver in a home located in Rapid City, S.D. When the woman tried to retrieve the weapon, she was shot once in the leg. She was treated for non-life threatening injuries.

By the way, since Sandy Hook, 127 children have been killed by firearms from their own home.

Not that anyone cares. But, you know…

(h/t Price Benowitz LLP)
This entry was posted in Guns and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Draxiar

    If something good had to come from this it’s that the kid didn’t shoot himself and didn’t kill his mother (who may now have a finer sense of respect for a loaded firearm).

    • muselet

      Agreed: no one got killed, which is a good thing. However, I’ll go out on a limb and say the mother is a slow learner, so the kid’ll almost certainly have another chance soon enough (for the record, I do hope I’m wrong about that).

    It would be nice to see that responsible gun owner charged with felony child endangerment.

    –alopecia

    • Tony Lavely

      Or even, felony mother endangerment.

    • D_C_Wilson

      If they weren’t, they need to be.

  • trgahan

    “Not that anyone cares. But, you know…”

    Actually, the problem is the half the people that care are either making massive profits from a low-regulation gun market and resentment-filled, racist white guys with visions of heroism during “the coming race war.”

    Many citizens (including the Newtown families) try to care, but are relentlessly stalked, then trolled by the latter funded by the former.

  • Ipecac

    Oh, please! If the “Mother” hadn’t been trying to violate the second amendment rights of this toddler, then he wouldn’t have needed to respond with lethal force. He’s a hero for standing his ground against Obamacare’s usurpation of his god-given rights.

  • mrbrink

    Yeah, I don’t buy that nobody cares. There’s broad consensus for expanded background checks, closing the gun show loop hole…more than half the country wants tighter restrictions on the flow and sale of guns and the corporate media characterizes it as a loss for advocates, essentially acting as the giant foot tripping up momentum for redress.

    It’s bullshit. Background check legislation fell in the Senate in April because 54 votes is only a majority in an intellectually-honest, functioning republic.

    But while we’ve gotten more sensitive as a country, the ghillie suit-wearing chili/sardine-eaters holed up in Red Dawn America being egged on by international arms dealers are in a war like children playing in the backyard, building their forts and justifying this anti-social behavior to their families with a mountain of dinner table mashed potatoes sculpted in the shape of a giant penis. They’re emotionally stunted. People care about kids getting gunned down and they want something done. Americans march against gun violence, occupying neighborhoods, weeping as they walk with kids and preachers out in front — victims and their families– as often as a life of trickle down poverty affords.

    It’s amazing what the threat of violence and a $2500 donation can do to turn politicians into cowards.

    • D_C_Wilson

      And the threat of violence is unnecessary if the check clears.

    • Jone_of_Snark

      Fuck YEAH Brink! ^^This is why I come to this site. Absolutely superb.