Boehner: The Economy is Improving, We Should Do Something About That

BoehnerBawling

Unemployment has fallen to the lowest level since November of 2008, and according to Speaker of the House John Boehner, now is the time to reverse the trend of an improving economy by implementing elements of the Paul Ryan Path to Poverty budget.

“Today’s report includes positive signs that should discourage calls for more emergency government ‘stimulus,’” Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) said in a statement shortly after the release of the figures. “Instead, what our economy needs is more pro-growth solutions that get government out of the way.”

It wasn't "pro-growth solutions" and deregulation that brought us to this point. And I know it may seem like ancient times, but taxes went up early this year for the so-called Job Creators.

It seems unlikely to me that unemployment benefits will be extended and failure to extend them could cost the economy as many as 300,000 jobs. Because the House of Representatives is laser-focused on job creation.

This entry was posted in Congress, Economy, Jobs and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • D_C_Wilson

    Boehner and the teabagger morons in Congress are truly exemplars of the “Only tool is a hammer” maxim. If the economy is improving, time to cut taxes for the wealthy and roll back regulations. If the economy is cratering, time to cut taxes for the wealthy and roll back reuglations.

    • Christopher Foxx

      Except even the person who sees the hammer as the right tool for all jobs is trying to build something.

      The Republican’s are even doing that.

    Congress is as useless as ‘sharks with frickin laser beams’

    • Christopher Foxx

      And inversely as awesome.

  • Mike_Norris

    Eat me Boehner…just eat me.

  • muselet

    The Rs clearly won’t be happy until we have another Great Depression.

    There is no problem that cannot be solved by redistributing more wealth and resources to millionaires and billionaires.

    “…what our economy needs is more pro-growth solutions that get government out of the way.”

    Hahaha. Evidently all the president’s “job killing policies” aren’t panning out for John Boehner’s lazy, debunked talking- points and shamelessly unembarrassed ideology. It’s over, Speaker Boehner. You’ve lost because you are an unrepentant liar and a coward. History’s firing squad awaits your party’s inevitable surrender. I’m bringing popcorn.

  • Zen Diesel

    What good is another tax break for the “job creators”, if there isn’t enough consumers who can afford to buy the product that the “job creators” produce.

  • Badgerite

    If the policies you propose make no economic sense whatsoever, you may be a bought and paid for stooge.