Crazy Gohmert Refuses to Endorse Crazy Stockman for Senate

This is too good. Stockman might be too insane for the cuckoo’s nest.

Tea party firebrand Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX) isn’t endorsing Rep. Steve Stockman (R-TX) or anyone else in the Republican primary for Sen. John Cornyn’s Senate seat.

“I didn’t know he was gonna run, and I have not – I didn’t endorse him,” Gohmert told the Daily Caller on Wednesday when asked about Stockman’s challenge to Cornyn. “I hadn’t planned on endorsing anybody in any office in the primary.”

Gohmert’s comments are another sign that Stockman may have trouble gaining support in his challenge against Cornyn.

Sounds like this was an impulse buy for Stockman. He just woke up one day and said, I think I’ll be senator. Here I go! WEEEEEEEEEEE!

(h/t Price Benowitz LLP)
This entry was posted in Steve Stockman and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Tony Lavely

    Wait! Maybe Gohmert’s planning on running, too?

      Nah, I think Gohmert is just trying to balance between the batshit base of Teahadists and the GOP establishment folks like Cornyn

      • D_C_Wilson

        He probably realizes Stockman is a longshot, so why alienate Cornyn? Better to stand pat for now because he’ll probably have to work with Cornyn in the future.

          Exactamundo!

          This presupposes that Teh Gohmert is capable of forethought.

          Which I find highly unlikely.

          • muselet

            Louie Gohmert may not be capable of forethought, but he can count. John Cornyn has a campaign fund of several million dollars and Steve Stockman has the loose change he found between the couch cushions.

            –alopecia

        • Tony Lavely

          Gohmert works with people?! I musta missed it, ;)

  • zirgar

    Suddenly, Gohmert’s not looking so crazy, is he? LMAO. Just kidding. He’s still a complete loon.