Expert Advice

Dear Republican party: please listen to Erick Erickson and follow his instruction to the letter.

“Conservatives need to keep their focus on the law overall. The website is a reflection of a terrible law. The law is causing millions to lose insurance, millions more to pay more for insurance, and the best the Democrats can do is claim it’d work well if the GOP didn’t think nasty thoughts about it,” Erickson wrote on RedState.com, the website he founded.

“As we all get back to business today, we must remember the law itself is the problem — not the website. The website they can fix. We must deny them the opportunity to fix the law itself. Let the American people see big government in all its glory. Then offer a repeal.”

The past two months: It can’t be fixed!

Today: Shit, they fixed it! What do we do now?

If you’re a Republican, I suppose you’ve left yourself with no other avenue than to repeal the law which, as you say, marks the end of America as we know it. It’s not as if you can suddenly walk back the past four years of intense doomsaying and offer to amend the law in a responsible manner. You must cancel the apocalypse!

DoingGreat

This entry was posted in Epic Fail and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Zen Diesel

    Today we are canceling the Apocalypse!!!! The Affordable Care Act is here to stay.

  • Draxiar

    Anyone else having fun watching the Republicans soil themselves Ted Nugent style over the ACA being implemented and working?

      Oh yeah, I got my popcorn, soda pop and red vines for the show!

    • Lady Willpower

      They’re not, though. They’ve convinced themselves that it doesn’t work, it will never work, and that it’s an unmitigated disaster.
      Meanwhile they still have no proposal of their own.
      I’m waiting.

  • mrbrink

    “As we get back to the business of killing poors and inventing better ways to burn crosses today, let us never remember aloud how much we have already poisoned the law through our illegitimately appointed Supreme Court majority, our refusal to expand Medicaid, or establish state exchanges and shutting down the government to destroy it. Let the American people see us setting fire to this law and their government like smiling, maniacal arsonists in all our inglorious infamy and then offer them their unconditional surrender because fuck honesty and integrity.”

      Is this a quote from you (on a separate blog) or someone else? Just curious…..

      • mrbrink

        All in the name of parody.