Is Greed Still Good?

December 14, 2013

Artist – Adam Zyglis

According to Senator Mike Johanns (R-NE), Republican obstruction is vital to the survival of America because if there was no obstruction we would still have slavery. Blocking Patricia Millett’s confirmation is just like blocking slavery. Or something. I’m almost as confused as he is.

Is he comparing district court judges to slavers?

    The Rs have such a limited rhetorical arsenal (and such limited imaginations) at their disposal that everything must be compared to (a) Hitler, (b) slavery, (c) murder, or (d) nonspecific tyranny. Restrict the use of such references and Rs would be rendered mute.

    I do feel a little bit sorry for the staffers who have to play Righty Mad Libs long enough to generate an entire speech for R politicians.

      I do feel a little bit sorry for the staffers who have to play Righty Mad Libs long enough to generate an entire speech for R politicians.

      Nah. Their Mad Libs com pre-filled with their favorite buzzwords and the usual talking points. No updating or thought required.