Issa: You Need to Watch More of Me on Fox News

Picard and Riker Facepalm

If you have a habit of making accurate statements or representing empirical reality such as it is, there’s a cure for that. Watch more Fox News!

House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-CA) on Monday told Dr. Randy Farris, a Texas health administrator for the federal government, to watch more Fox News after the health official did not satisfactorily answer Issa’s questions about HealthCare.Gov, according to the Dallas Morning News.

“You need to watch more Fox News, I’m afraid,” Issa retorted after Farris claimed that consumers’ personal information was not stored on the health exchange website.

Unseen in this short but illuminating quote is the fact that House Oversight Chairman Darrel “Witchunt” Issa is among those chiefly responsible for disseminating the idea that healthcare.gov poses a risk to security.

That’s precisely why the administration is no longer cooperating with Darrell Issa. Because he can’t be trusted to not selectively leak documents that, when viewed without context, may be used to present a false narrative on Fox News.

When Issa says “you need to watch more Fox News,” he’s more or less saying that you need to watch more of him. He’s one of Fox News’ most unreliable sources.

This entry was posted in Wingnuts and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • GrafZeppelin127

    I used to get that a lot from my GOP-fan friends who couldn’t understand why I wasn’t totally gung-ho in full support of the Iraq invasion. “You need to start watching Fox.”

    Because, you know, when everything in your experience and observation tells you one thing, and one single lone “news” source tells you something else, it’s clearly the former that is wrong. You know, logic and stuff.

  • Zen Diesel

    The “Some People Say” or “I don’t have the facts, but I will give you a fact” network would never intentionally steer it’s viewers wrong

    /snark

  • zirgar

    This might be helpful in understanding Issa.

    • Christopher Foxx

      The tragedy is, Issa and Fox’s viewers don’t see anything at all concerning about that.

      • D_C_Wilson

        And they wouldn’t care even if they did.

    When Issa says “you need to watch more Fox News,” he’s more or less saying that you need to watch more of him.

    When Issa says “you need to watch more Fox News,” he’s just looking out for you. After all, it’s important for citizens to stay misinformed.