John McCain Introduces Bill to Repeal Obamacare for the 47th Time

Merry fuckin’ Christmas.

Congressional Republicans don’t have the time or the will to approve an extension of unemployment benefits or pass an appropriate farm bill, but with exactly one week to go before Christmas there’s always time to repeal Obamacare.

You never know; it may work this time. Probably not but John McCain remains hopeful.

This entry was posted in Epic Fail, John McCain and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Nancy Martin

    Why waste time with this now? The President is not going to repeal the ACA. Besides, in this plan it looks like pre-existing conditions can still be a reason for insurance companies to drop your coverage and it also looks like millions of young people will be kicked off their parent’s insurance and life-time caps will once again become a problem. Basically, this plan does nothing to stop insurance companies from continuing to rip off consumers. Way to go Senator Johnny!! How quickly you forget that the repubs already have a plan and the plan is called the ACA.

    • Zen Diesel

      I am wondering when this circle jerk amongst the Republicans over the ACA is going to end. Even if the President was sitting in the White House dropping acid and tripping monkey balls, it’s silly to think that he would repeal his signature achievement.

      • D_C_Wilson

        It will probably end just as soon as the republicans also give up trying to overturn Roe v. Wade and destroy privatize Social Security.

        • Zen Diesel

          The Republicans crusade on repealing the ACA just feels like Groundhog Day meets the Untouchables. The Republicans are Al Capone, and Democrats are Elliot Ness “before Jim Malone teaches Elliot Ness the Chicago Way blueprint for catching Capone.” The Republicans won’t change their ways until, they are forced to change.

      • Christopher Foxx

        “You know this isn’t going to pass. You know this is a pointless exercise. So why are you wasting the Senate’s time with this?”

        The question every reporter should ask and every Democrat should be insisting they be asking.

        And, of course, neither will.

    • CygnusX1isaHole
  • muselet

    Well, I guess it’s official: John McCain is going to run for reelection.

    –alopecia

  • Norbrook

    Why yes, why wouldn’t he introduce Representative Price’s “alternative?” After all, it’s proposing doing something that was such a … miserable failure … in Price’s home state of Georgia! Why shouldn’t a Republican try to spread that failure around?

    • Zen Diesel

      I always thought Grampy McCain just yelled at clouds when he is home.

  • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

    McGrumpy is way behind the curve.
    Republicans have been advised to STOP calling it Obamacare, (which was their created name in the first place) because “The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act” is here to stay and millions of citizens like it a lot.
    The old fart must have napped through the wingnut lectures instructing republicans to avoid giving any credit to our President for any success in our nation.

  • CygnusX1isaHole

    The ACA and the McCain plan are both centered on private for-profit health insurance and some form of tax credits.

    At the base level these plans have much in common.

    • mrbrink

      So, you think the Ku Klux Klan’s competing healthcare plan looks more or less like the ACA? Hahaha. You’re out of your mind. The ACA caps corporate administrative costs, for one. So, if the ACA is ‘centered on for-profit health insurance'(it’s not)their alternative plan is a corporate military tribunal with last rites being read by one of the Brittle brothers.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    [Sigh.] OK. Let’s just get the GOP’s “common sense health reforms” out of the way, shall we?

    1. “Let people buy health insurance across state lines!” Translation: Let insurers sell policies from whichever state will let them offer the least possible coverage and the highest possible prices. Different states have different insurance regulations for a reason. And besides, you can’t really do this purely as a matter of federal law; it’s up to state legislatures, insurance departments and commissioners to decide whether they will allow out-of-state policies to be sold within the state. Regardless, even if this could be accomplished by a single piece of federal legislation, it would have a negligible effect on costs, and more to the point, would not get a single uninsured person insured.

    2. “Tort reform!” Translation: Make it so manufacturers and providers don’t have to pay for the harm they cause. You can’t do this by federal legislation either; medical malpractice and products liability are state-created common-law torts. Congress can’t commandeer state courts any more than it can commandeer state insurance commissioners. As with (1), this would have a nagligible effect on costs and would not get a single uninsured person insured.

    3. “Health savings accounts!” Translation: Give people who already have plenty of money and can already afford coverage a way to squirrel that money away and avoid insurance altogether, thereby avoiding having to contribute to the aggregate cost of medical risk. I know I sound like a broken record here, but this is yet another thing you can’t really do through federal legislation, that would have a negligible effect on costs, and would not get a single uninsured person insured.

    4. “Tax cuts! No Republican “plan” would be complete without it. And, … well, you know. But at least you could do this at the federal level.

  • Lady Willpower

    “I ain’t fer it, I’m agin’ it”

    http://0.tqn.com/d/animatedtv/1/0/g/B/grampa.jpg

  • Christopher Foxx

    I’ll be on the floor next hour to introduce a bill to repeal & replace#Obamacare w/ a common sense health care reform alternative

    So he’s going to replace Obamacare with Obamacare?

  • mrbrink

    Their psychotic alternative is only missing another repeal of ACORN.

    John McCain is basically endorsing sadism.