Larry Pratt Escapes The Institution, Goes On Mental Shooting Spree

Who let this raving lunatic out of his padded cell? He was in a padded cell, right? Right?!

Gun Owners Of America Executive Director Larry Pratt couldn’t pass up the opportunity today to promote more mass-shootings and pre-crime imprisonment for people who are deemed mentally ill by his standards.

Not to be unfair and unbalanced, Fox News Sunday host Chris Wallace was there to give a platform to the gun-slinging white supremacist who claims that the Sandy Hook shooting was a ‘programmed event’ staged by the government to take away our guns.

Yeah.

Asked if victory goes to the ones triumphantly waving the guns, Pratt told Wallace,

“We’re not really going to be able to talk about a victory until we get rid of the laws that prohibit people from having guns to protect themselves in schools and in other places. Every one of our mass murders in our country has occurred in places where guns were prohibited.

The legislation that is on the books is lethal; it is killing people. All of these gun-free zones are murder magnets, and we simply have got to get rid of them. It’s an illusion to think that somehow we’re going to be safer because we can’t have a gun in a particular area, because the bad guy’s going to have a gun.”

Since Newtown, no new gun control laws have passed Congress, despite overwhelming public favor for things like extended background checks. And in the states, gun extremists have managed to loosen restrictions to the point where claiming “victory” would be an understatement.

Media Matters on Larry Pratt’s ‘murder-magnets’:

Mayors Against Illegal Guns that analyzed mass shootings between January 2009 and September 2013, “All told, no more than 14 of the shootings (15%) took place entirely in public spaces that were so-called ‘gun-free zones.’” The report stated that two-thirds of mass shootings occurred in private residences.

And of the nearly 109 gun bills that have been passed into law in the states since the Newtown massacre, “Nearly two-thirds of the new laws ease restrictions and expand the rights of gun owners.”

gunlaws

This past week, Mother Jones explained how more guns in America have been working out for the 194 kids, or just the ones who were 12 and under, who’ve been killed with guns just since Newtown.

Some other key findings:

  • 127 of the children died from gunshots in their own homes, while dozens more died in the homes of friends, neighbors, and relatives.
  • 72 of the young victims either pulled the trigger themselves or were shot dead by another kid.
  • In those 72 cases, only 4 adults have been held criminally liable.
  • At least 52 deaths involved a child handling a gun left unsecured.
  • 60 children died at the hands of their own parents, 50 of them in homicides.
  • The problem was worst over the past year in the South, which saw at least 92 child gun deaths, followed by the Midwest (44), the West (38), and the East (20).

And it’s worth pointing out that the gun laws that are on the books, the ones that Larry Pratt says we need to get rid of have done next to nothing to prevent mass-shooters from acquiring their weapons.

final_illegal2

Every time there’s a mass-shooting in America, these 2nd Amendment heroes can’t jump to the theater stage fast enough to tell us that our kids being sacrificed to the gun lobby is the price they are more-than-willing to pay for their sadistic notions of freedom. So brave.

Since the shooting at Sandy Hook, for Freedom Group/Remington Outdoor Co.– the company that manufactures the Bushmaster used in the shooting– profits are soaring, with “2013 sales expected to be between $1.25 billion and $1.275 billion, compared with $931.9 million in 2012.”

This entry was posted in Gun Fetishists, Guns, Republican Party, Worst Persons and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Victor_the_Crab

    I’m gonna puke. Human life means nothing to sub humans like Larry Pratt. Especially the younger ones like those that were gunned down at Sandy Hook last year.

  • Nefercat

    I really want to see more adults prosecuted when children die because the adult “responsible gun owner” was too stupid, lazy, careless, or negligent to make sure that the child could not get their hands on the gun and couldn’t fire it if they did manage to get their hands on it.

    Especially parents. No, they haven’t suffered enough. That excuse isn’t enough to let remorseful people who commit negligent homicide by other means off the hook. Why is it sufficient for these very preventable deaths?

  • Mike_Norris

    Sadistic son of a bitch. I hope when he dies it is from an agonizing belly wound from a gun owned by a deranged, mentally ill thug. And I hope he gets to look that thug in the eye right before the gun goes off.

  • muselet

    I’m not a conspiracy theorist, I’m really not. However, Gun Owners of America makes the National Rifle Association look (relatively) less insane, and that’s not easy to do. If someone were to examine GOA’s books, would the primary funder turn out to be the NRA?

    Beyond that, Larry Pratt says “the bad guy’s going to have a gun” yet works tirelessly to make sure bad guys have easy access to firearms. It’s not often you see such a pure example of illogic.

    –alopecia

    • Rita D. Lipshutz

      GoA was formed when Pratt and his followers split off from the NRA because it wasn’t far right and overtly racist enough for them ( not a joke).

      • muselet

        Yes, but GOA is so useful to the NRA (“See? We’re not the craziest gun people around!”) that it would be irresponsible not to speculate. :^)

        –alopecia

  • Badgerite

    Most areas where guns are restricted are restricted due to issues of private property. I don’t know of any business that allows employees or customers to come onto their property armed. And I don’t suspect that is likely to change.
    In fact, that is what the ‘protest’ in Texas where they terrified a restaurant full of people was about. The ladies having lunch inside had lobbied Starbucks to exclude firearms from their stores. They had done so and so those armed yahoos showed up at the restaurant to ‘protest’. Their idea of the Second Amendment is that it overrides all other rights. Which is ridiculous.