Obamacare Enrollment Increases “Four-Fold”

Bloomberg is reporting that 100,000 people signed up for health insurance on the federal exchange website in November, up from 26,000 in October.

The preliminary November numbers reflect individuals who successfully selected a plan. The administration expects that most consumers will sign up early next year as the enrollment period nears its March 31 close, said the person who asked for anonymity because the final numbers were still being calculated.

According to Bloomberg’s source, the new numbers reflect people who signed up before major fixes for the website were implemented over the past week.

The administration is, more or less, declaring victory over “glitch gate” today and it may be for good reason.

Of course now that most of the major problems have been fixed, you know what that means — Darrell Issa will spend the next year investigating it, the beltway media will hold on to their glitch memes for dear life, and cartoonists will continue to fart out lazy cartoons for at least a few more months.

Is this still “Obama’s Katrina?” His Iraq? His shutdown?

This entry was posted in Healthcare and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Ipecac

    — Is this still “Obama’s Katrina?” His Iraq? His shutdown?

    Absolutely! Because we all know that once it was realized that there was a problem with each of these disasters, Bush sprang into action and resolved them within a couple of months.

    Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

  • LTanya Spearman

    Update:
    @healthcare.gov tweet: Lots of demand at healthcare.gov — More than 375,000 visitors so far today as of NOON EDT — 95%+ availability of the entire healthcare.gov consumer experience..

      I went to log on this morning but it’s so busy they have a “waiting line” to sign in….I’ll just go back later tonight after the East Coast has gone to bed. :)

  • mdblanche

    I believe this figure is only people have selected and already made a payment for a plan and doesn’t include those who have not yet made their first payment.

      Exactly, so the number of people that will eventually enroll will be much higher. A lot of people are taking their time comparing plans and making sure they are getting what they want.

  • Badgerite

    The website is vastly improved. It is clearer. It gives out more information. You can click on a link on a plan that takes you to the insurance provider and get a more detailed description of the various plans available. What is covered, deductibles, etc..
    It is a much simpler and clearer design which gives out more information quicker. It will allow people to shop and pick a plan before enrollment. Once you factor in the tax subsidies to defray premium costs, the costs also become very affordable for most people.