Quote of the Day

“So we’ll do the journalism, and then be like, ‘OK, government, come get us.” Glenn Greenwald to Rolling Stone on his forthcoming website

So the mission will be to bait the government? This is journalism? Certainly criticize the government all you want, but baiting them to shut you down or arrest you? That’s nothing but petulant antagonism and instigation. There’s another word for that. Hmmm — trolling.

This entry was posted in Glenn Greenwald, Quote and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

    Greenwald is an idiot, bought by Pierre Omidyar (Mark Ames & Yasha Levine describe him as a “Randian Silicon Valley libertarian” (see link below), and thus is showing his true colors as a Randian libertarian.

    Also, does the website belong to Greenwald or (as I believe) to Omidyar’s company?

    https://www.nsfwcorp.com/dispatch/extraordinary-pierre-omidyar/1354d77a9f0b78854b2fa4c7ddb93c57fc3cae62/#unlock

  • Scopedog

    “There’s another word for that. Hmmm — trolling.”

    Well put. Or one could say that GG’s being a sanctimonious asshole who thinks his shit doesn’t stink, but in fact smells like roses.

  • D_C_Wilson

    Why does Greenwald still perpetuate this myth that he’s a liberal? He should just come out as the Randian libertarian that he obviously is and be proud of it.

  • Lady Willpower

    Greenie’s gonna do some journalism now?
    First time for everything.

  • muselet

    Glenn Greenwald was feeling neglected, so he had to do something to get attention. I hope he feels better now.

    –alopecia