Steve Stockman’s Campaign Headquarters Condemned

AAAHH-HAHAHAHAHAHA! Off to a great start there, Steve.

Rep. Steve Stockman, the loud-mouthed Texan who on Monday announced a Republican primary challenge to Sen. John Cornyn, is known for barebones campaigning. Which is a good thing, considering the Tea Party insurgent may not currently even have a campaign office.

Officials in Webster, Texas last month ordered the emergency closure of Stockman’s campaign headquarters, The Houston Chronicle reported at the time. Officials cited multiple safety violations, and the newspaper reported that campaign staffers and volunteers were working and sleeping in a commercial building that was considered unsafe for habitation.

The office had been located in a former motorcycle shop, which a friend of Stockman’s allowed the campaign to use rent-free in 2012 and 2013. Inspectors found bunk beds in the building, according to the Chronicle, and Stockman himself bragged about the arrangement in an August 2012 profile in Human Events.

This entry was posted in Election 2014, Steve Stockman. Bookmark the permalink.

    Shouldn’t he be on the Human Rights Watch list now for unsafe working conditions in his little political shop of horrors?

  • GrafZeppelin127

    I thought there were no regulations … er, excuse me, “government control over people’s lives” … in Texas.

  • Draxiar

    And now comes the campaign promise to eradicate those pesky building codes…

  • Grant Beaudette

    And I assume Stockman is one of the people who want to turn Detroit into an “economic freedom zone” where zoning and fire codes don’t count.

      Detroit is already so underfunded because of the diaspora (and resulting bankruptcy) that it’s already an “economic freedom zone” where that kind of stuff doesn’t matter any more. The police and fire have stopped patrolling and responding to calls in many neighborhoods and anyone can buy property/houses there for pennies on the dollar. Want to start a business? Go to Detroit and do it. Except there won’t be anyone there who can afford to buy your stuff. Nor will there be protection for you. Or maintained infrastructure.

      This brings to mind a troll, from another thread, that was commenting about how we should have let the car companies go bankrupt and that another company would have jumped right into the void and there would have been little to no disruption to the economy. Detroit is the perfect example of what happens when consumers become unemployed in mass and the tax base disappears, it creates a “free market free for all” that results in a complete clusterfuck–a mini-third world country in our own backyard. Congrats conservatives, Detroit has been liberated! Too bad we can’t just ship them all off to Detroit and let them live in their “paradise”.