Ted Nugent Thinks Poor People Should Be Stripped of Their Right to Vote

Because of course he does. In exchange for agreeing to close the gun show loophole (he acknowledges it exists, which is something) he thinks the poor should be disenfranchised:

National Rifle Association board member Ted Nugent proposed a compromise that would trade closing the gun show loophole for closing what he deemed “the federal voting loophole,” which allows individuals who do not pay federal income tax to vote.

Implementing this plan would involve taking away the vote from a large number of Americans who work but do not owe federal income taxes as well as retirees and some individuals who cannot work because of illness or disability.

In a December 4 column for conspiracy website WND, Nugent — calling himself a “prospective presidential candidate in 2016″ — framed his proposal as “a Great Compromise” and suggested that he would be willing to risk provoking the ire of gun activists (including his fellow NRA board members) in order to ensure its enactment.

And he’s running for president, which should make 2015 and 2016 — um — entertaining?

This entry was posted in Guns, Ted Nugent and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Draxiar

    I hope douchebag Nugent gets eaten by wolves “The Grey” style.

  • Robert Scalzi

    Gawd I wish he were dead or in Jail like he promised …. oh that’s right he’s a rightwingnutball – they don’t keep their promises

  • schoolmarm

    I am a poor person whose husband joined the Navy during the Viet Nam War to avoid being drafted into the Army(he figured his chances of survival were better on a ship). I believe anyone who would shit themselves to avoid the draft rather than go for C.O. status like Muhammad Ali or go abroad or go underground… should lose the right to vote. Now we know who I think should lose the right to vote.

  • Tbone

    Am I the only one who gets an endless kick from conservatives complaining that people don’t pay enough taxes?

      Indeed! There’s tons of conservative militia types that don’t pay taxes here in AZ. And let’s not forget the large FLDS families engaging in polygamy who live in massive houses receive food stamps, medicaid, and a ton of other services and never pay a penny in taxes. Oh, and what about those corporations that are incorporated here but don’t end up paying taxes because of their “loopholes”. Can we take away the right to vote from their board members?

  • joevanvoorhees

    I think who should have the right to run is more important than who should have the right to vote. That’s where the rich have long imparted their influence. When your ideals are getting harder to sell it’s not the buyer who should be in question.

  • bbcaaat

    I think that “people” (sic, I really mean A-wholes) that dodged their obligation to America should not be able to vote.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    It must be great to not understand anything.

    Ted Nugent is a brain-damaged sociopath, allowing one to apply the old axiom “he has more money than brains”. If he runs, his heirs should sue him for his vanity spending.

    He is also a majorly fucking stupid racist prick who exhibits all the symptoms of Tiny Penis Syndrome.

  • Nefercat

    Why is it that poor people (often with multiple jobs who contribute their time and talents to their community, schools, churches, and country) who use allowable tax credits and deductions to reduce their federal tax liability are takers and moochers who do not deserve the rights of citizens, while millionaires who use allowable tax credits and deductions to reduce their tax liability are not so vilified?

    I think Nugent should have his right to vote taken away because he is a scum-sucking weasel who contributes nothing to this country and does nothing to make it better. Quite the opposite.

      It’s the whole “free market pass” that conservatives like to give to corporations and themselves. In their universe, something done by individuals (particularly individuals that don’t look, act and think like them) or something done by government can be defined as bad but the minute a white, male conservative does it or a corporation does it, they completely flip their viewpoint. Rules are for “others”. Good and bad are defined subjectively in their teeny, tiny minds.

    • D_C_Wilson

      It’s their ideology. They really do believe that wealthy people are better and more virtuous than poor people, even if they were born into wealth. Wealthy people deserve more consideration because they’re our sacred job creators, even though no one has ever created a job just because they got a tax cut. On the other hand, they don’t think poor people are suffering enough. After all, many of them have refrigerators!

  • muselet

    Oh, no! Our parents were right! Rock and roll (at least bad rock and roll) really does cause brain damage (at least to the people who play it)!

    Quick! To the Perry Como records!

      Perry Como makes me ill.

      • muselet

        Aw, darn. I was going to give you the Complete Perry Como box set for the holidays. :^)

    Palin/Nugent 2016!!

    Oh, yes. Oh please please please yes.

  • Brian Baldridge

    It is my profound hope that the Republicans field exactly this kind of candidate in all levels of elections. They are eminently and demonstrably beatable.

  • D_C_Wilson

    In a December 4 column for conspiracy website WND, Nugent — calling himself a “prospective presidential candidate in 2016″ — framed his proposal as “a Great Compromise” and suggested that he would be willing to risk provoking the ire of gun activists (including his fellow NRA board members) in order to ensure its enactment.

    Of course he does, because once all the poor have been disenfranchised, repealing the closure of the gun show loophole would be a cakewalk because the only people in Congress would be members of ALEC.

  • Badgerite

    How about we close the ‘loophole’ in his head. The wind must be whistling pretty loud through that chasm he calls a brain.