The Crackpot Caucus Has Convened

noidea

Representative Tom Rice (R-SC) and a cadre of the Batshit are asking House leadership to file a civil lawsuit against President Obama for being what they call an ‘imperial president.’

We’ve come a long way from “Kenyan, anti-colonial worldview” to “imperial presidency.” Not that these wonderkinds would know the difference.

Rice introduced a House resolution that directs the chamber “to bring action for declaratory or injuctive relief to challenge certain policies and actions taken by the executive branch.” The resolution is cosponsored by a number of House lawmakers including Reps. Michele Bachmann (R-MN), Jim Bridenstine (R-OK), Tom Price (R-GA), Joe Wilson (R-SC) and Ted Yoho (R-TX). (sic)

The lawmakers want Congress to take civil action in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia for aspects of Obamacare as well as the Obama administration’s deferred deportation policies for certain immigrants living in the country illegally.

Now that Obamacare is, more or less, working as intended, they want to sue the president for making it work. But what really stands out to me is the latter part of the resolution.

Steps the Department of Homeland Security has taken to defer deportations have been primarily aimed at children and families, allowing them to remain together inside the United States.

Is the Crackpot Caucus seeking to file litigation against the president for keeping families together? That doesn’t sound like Family Values to me.

The good news is considering the lineup of suspects sponsoring this resolution, there’s virtually no chance it will succeed. Furthermore, the executive branch has acted well within its authority.

Michele Bachmann and Ted Yoho attempting to file a lawsuit against the former constitutional law professor in the White House is certainly cute.

Note: Ted Yoho is from Florida

This entry was posted in Congress, President Obama, Wingnuts and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    I can’t possibly top TPM commenter “TomJ”:

    He’s imperial, and he’s anti-colonial!
    He’s Hitler, and he’s Chamberlain!
    He’s a communist, and he’s a Nazi!
    He’s a floor wax, and he’s a dessert topping!

      That is brilliant! LMFAO

  • zirgar

    I don’t think it’s designed to work. It’s just a bit of smoke and mirrors theater for the base so that it looks like these idiot politicians are the only ones who have the courage and the ideological purity to battle Obama/Obamacare/windmills.

    • Christopher Foxx

      Of course that’s how they’ll spin it. As they always have. They’re the beleaguered few, the Davids bravely doing all they can to protect folks from the Goliaths determined to destroy America.

      Like their nearly 50 pointless votes to repeal Obamacare, they don’t actually want to actually accomplish anything. They just want to be able to tell their base they stood strong against the imaginary evil they dreamed up.

      • Treading_Water

        They actually said that very thing about the repeal obamacare vote number 39 or 40, some of the freshmen members of the house who were elected in 2012 were disapp0inted that they never got to cast a vote against a law that passed before they were even in Congress, so they held another vote just for them.

        • Christopher Foxx

          The tragedy is that many of the folks in Congress actually believe that’s what they’re there to do.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Obama’s an imperial president, huh? And I wonder what these asshats thought of the president before him. Was it all sunshine, lollypops, and rainbows for them?

    • muselet

      But that’s different! He was a wartime President, so he didn’t have time to do things with congressional approval! And only TRAITORS! complained about him! And he was a real President, who didn’t need ACORN to steal elections for him! And HE KEPT US SAFE!

      Or some such.

      –alopecia

      • ninjaf

        Why use ACORN when you have the Supreme Court to give you the presidency?