The Radical

140786_600

Artist — Bill Day

One of the highlights of the week had to be Rush Limbaugh going off on Pope Francis while accusing him of being a Marxist and some sort of liberal plant, saying, “Somebody has either written this for him or gotten to him– This is just pure Marxism coming out of the mouth of the pope.” Because nothing says “Christianity” in right wing America like cranking up the hate machine to go after the world’s premier holy man.

And more bad news for Republicans as HealthCare.gov continues improving. Jeff Zients, the man in charge of fixing it, says, “HealthCare.gov on Dec. 1 is night and day from where it was on Oct. 1.”

Also, President Obama spent yesterday doing some shopping during Small Business Saturday and some of the pics are smile-worthy. A day earlier, the president and First Lady put on their solidarity shoes and met with “Fast For Families,” a group seeking to pressure Congress to pass an immigration bill by publicly fasting on the National Mall. I’m not sure if anyone from the Republican party reached out, only because they’re still blaming Obamacare for their willful failure to pass an immigration reform bill. “Obamacare did this to you!” seems to be the extent of their outreach program.

What else is going on?

This entry was posted in Cartoons, Open Thread, President Obama, Religion, Republican Party, Rush Limbaugh, Wingnuts and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

    WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Republican
    critics of Obamacare rose up in anger today, claiming that, after two
    months of fixes, the healthcare.gov Web site is now “unacceptably fast.”

    Leading the howls of protest was the House Committee on Oversight and
    Government Reform chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), who accused
    President Obama of designing a Web site that operates at a “blistering,
    breakneck speed.”

    “With pages loading in milliseconds, this Web
    site is insuring people before they know what hit them,” Rep. Issa
    charged. “Clearly, this is what the President and his team had in mind.”

    Additionally, Rep. Issa said, at such high speeds “it is questionable
    whether this Web site is even safe for consumers to use, particularly
    the elderly.”

    The California Republican said he would call for hearings this week
    to investigate the dangerous new velocity of healthcare.gov, telling
    reporters, “If anyone can slow this thing down, it’s me.”

    • Churchlady320

      Pity of it is, I believed this until I saw it was Borowitz. I can actually see a moment when that could be a REAL complaint for the Right.
      Well, anyway, it was funny and lordy we NEED funny. Thank you Mr. Rutledge – when I realized I’d been spoofed, I laughed!

        My pleasure, Miz 320 ;)

  • Badgerite

    Wow! From the Laumbaugh:
    “I’ve got to be careful—I have been numerous times to the Vatican. It wouldn’t exist without a ton of money.”
    The Catholic Church is NOT the Vatican. The Vatican is a building. The Church is it’s people. Always has been, going back to its earliest days, when congregations would meet in the homes of Roman adherents. How insulting to equate the Church with a building.
    “This is pure Marxism coming out of the mouth of the pope.”
    No. It is pure Christianity. Unless, of course, you think the Catholic faith has to do with a
    building and nothing more.