WATCH: Supercut of Republicans Using the Bible to Deny Climate Crisis

Related to my earlier post about denying science in the context of contraception, here’s a particularly facepalm-worthy video of various elected politicians using the Bible to deny man-made climate change:

This entry was posted in Environment and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • j hentai

    schmucks!

  • Draxiar

    And these people are in elected office.

  • gescove

    The same belief system that deludes people not to seek medical help for themselves or their sick children because prayer & God will heal them. If they die, well, it’s God’s will. It fits so nicely into their End Times theology. Obama is, of course, the Antichrist. Climate change is simply another harbinger of the Second Coming. Who among these ardent believers wants to oppose the return of the true Messiah? We are well and truly effed with these knuckleheads at the helm.

    • Christopher Foxx

      If they die, well, it’s God’s will [etc.]

      It’s a theology designed to provide justification for their selfishness and irresponsibility.

      Point out their actions are causing devastation? “Nonsense. It’s God’s will. If he didn’t want me polluting, he’d stop me. Since he didn’t stop me, it must be what he wants.”

      If something goes wrong? “God’s will. Nothing I could have done about it. Not my responsibility to try to improve the situation.”

  • Mike_Norris

    “for our benefit and not the earth’s benefit. So fuck the earth…” A reading from Frothy Santorum, one term senator, amateur meteorologist, anthropologist, geologist, and full time douche bag.

  • muselet

    Bad theology in service of bad policy.

    I wish I were surprised.

    Religion is always used in the service of all the rotten crap that exists in the world. Another reason I am an atheist.