What Could Go Wrong?

Six months after it was originally proposed, a judge ruled today that the town of Deer Trail, Colorado can vote on drone-hunting permits.

A judge ruled Tuesday that a petition drive to put a proposal to issue drone-hunting permits to a vote was legal, Denver TV station KUSA reported, setting the stage for a special election to decide the issue.

The town’s mayor left little to the imagination, explaining that his goal is to make money by selling permits to idiots.

“I’d really like to see this go through,” Fields said, as quoted by KUSA. “For the, you know, benefit of the town, make a little extra income.”

Sure. If we’re going to give people permission to fire their weapons in the air because that bird resembled a low-flying drone for a brief moment, we should at least try to make money off of it.

NearFuture

This entry was posted in Drones, Super Stupid and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Grant Beaudette

    Yes, because the people crazy and paranoid enough to shoot at drones are all about getting permits.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    Nobody’s going to shoot down any drones once President Cruz takes office in 2017.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      Bite your tongue with the whole President Cruz nonsense.

    What goes up, must come down. Unfortunately, they had to make shooting up into the air (targets notwithstanding) illegal here in AZ because innocent people died when the bullets came back down to earth. One could hope that the bullet would come down on the idiot who fired it, thereby placing them in Darwin Award contention. However, that would presuppose that Karma or Justice actually exists in this universe.

    • http://www.livingenergy.abmp.com/ KanaW

      That was the first horrified thought in my mind!
      Pity that everyone who’s idiotic enough to be stupid with a gun isn’t the one who gets it. Too many times the bystander is the one who pays.

  • Arcnor

    You just know that eventually people are going to start wanting to hit those drones spreading chemtrails high up in the stratosphere (which they know about because Alex Jones told them so), and those dinky AR-15s just aren’t going to cut it.

    I wonder how much those shoulder-fired surface-to-air missile permits are going to cost…

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Didn’t Stephen Colbert cover this story a while ago?