You Have to Be Proud

Glenn Greenwald isn’t the only one who’s very upset that Time Magazine chose Pope Francis as their Person of the Year.

Glenn Beck is also beside himself, and in response he’s chosen Senator Ted Cruz as The Blaze Man of the Year. He also has a special theory for why Time Magazine didn’t chose Ted Cruz.

BECK: The reason why they didn’t pick Ted Cruz is because they don’t want to give him any more power. They don’t want to make him into anything. I mean they’ll put Hitler on — they did put Hitler, and Mussolini the man of the year. Now Hitler they didn’t make him the man of the year in a positive way, but Mussolini they did.

Remember, progressives are fascists. They are for fascism. Congratulations.

Without a hint of gross irony, Beck announces that Ted Cruz is the Blaze Man of the Year, using a photo of Cruz speaking to the Oath Keepers as a backdrop (1:03), because he’s the one who will affect your life “more than anybody else” and protect you from fascism.

That would be this photo. And the Dixie flag also made an appearance at this rally.

CruzOathkeepers

It may not be immediately obvious, but Beck is essentially comparing Pope Francis to Hitler and Mussolini. He frames this as some form of liberal media bias, but Beck is a charlatan in sheep’s clothing who would prefer it if his audience views him in higher regard than the pope.

This entry was posted in Glenn Beck, Wingnuts and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Lady Willpower

    Does Ted Cruz have teeth? I can’t tell by that picture.

      No, apparently he lost them from all the futile gnashing on Obamacare.

  • muselet

    Time is a liberal magazine?

    Crikey, Glenn Beck really does live in an alternative universe, doesn’t he?

      Glenn Beck is from Htrae.

    • waspuppet

      “BECK: The reason why they didn’t pick Ted Cruz is because they don’t want to give him any more power. They don’t want to make him into anything. I mean they’ll put Hitler on — they did put Hitler, and Mussolini the man of the year. Now Hitler they didn’t make him the man of the year in a positive way, but Mussolini they did.

      Remember, progressives are fascists. They are for fascism. Congratulations.”

      Right, because Henry Boothe Luce was SUCH a progressive.

      Remember: They don’t know anything. About anything they’re talking about. Ever. And they lie. Always. About everything.

  • Chris Boardman

    I almost lost my tea over the statement that Ted Cruz will affect our lives more than anybody else… That should be the joke of the year!

    • DottiesMom

      Well, he did help spend $24B for no good reason and use the Senate floor to read bedtime stories aloud to us all.

  • mrbrink

    The Gadsden flag is the flag of the neoconfederacy. They think they’re being PC. I’m on to yous!

  • CL Nicholson

    Seeing as Glen Beck is a Right Wing Mormon conspiracy nut whose adherence to LDS orthodoxy makes Mitt Romney look like heretic, I’d be surprised if he didn’t hate the Pope.

    1. The Pope is all about preaching against poverty and respecting the least in our society. Glenn Beck is still pissed off that the Mormon Church doesn’t still ban Blacks from the ministry.
    2. The Pope is the head of the Catholic Church, which according to the truly hardcore followers of Joseph Smith and Brigham Young, is the whore of Babylon. And what good Christian doesn’t hate a pimp?

  • js hooper

    That picture of Ted Cruz is BEGGING for a Photoshop…lmao