Boehner: In 2014 We’ll Finally Get Back to Repealing Obamacare

Repealing and replacing Obamacare will be a top priority for Republicans at their upcoming policy retreat according to Speaker John Boehner.

“It’s one of the big issues for conversation in terms of our agenda for this year, and I think you’ll see Republicans come forward with a plan to replace ObamaCare,” Boehner said Thursday, “a plan that will actually reduce costs for the American people and make health insurance more accessible.”

A plan that will reduce costs and make insurance more accessible?

That’s such a great plan the president couldn’t have thought it up himself. Oh, wait.

picard-facepalm2

This entry was posted in Healthcare and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • incredulous72

    I can’t wait until the majority of repubs are replaced with Dems in the House this Fall.

  • muselet

    The Rs’ plan will consist of allowing interstate sales of health insurance, encouraging Health Savings Accounts, a ban on requiring health insurance, and … that’s about it.

    It’s such an awesome plan it’s taken the Rs five years of careful thought and effort to come up with it, and don’t anyone dare say it’s exactly like the past umpteen plans the Rs have come up with because it’s shiny and new and totally unlike anything they’ve proposed before.

    I’m so sick of this charade.

      Tort Reform.™ Don’t forget Tort Reform™.

      • muselet

        You’re right, I forgot that Righty pet rock.

        And mandatory ultrasounds. Just because.

    • Nefercat

      High Deductible plans coupled with HSAs are awful, terrible, horrible, no good very bad plans

      Unless

      You have a paycheck that can pay the 100% upfront costs of every single office visit, test, and prescription

      Or

      You have enough savings to cover these costs.

      If you are a peon with let’s say, $20,000 take home pay and no employer contribution to the HSA and you have no savings and live paycheck to paycheck, you are screwed.

      Office visit for a fairly minor issue? $125 office visit + $200 blood tests + $200 x-rays + $200 prescriptions and all of a sudden you have medical costs that could easily approach $1000 for… going to the doctor. For a relatively minor-but-should-be-looked-at problem. Forget CAT scans or MRIs.

      Not. one. dime. of. coverage. will kick in until the high deductible is met. That $37 or $50 dollars co-pay you have been paying for an office visit? That is not the cost of the visit.

      And telling people with paychecks that are a pittance that they can contribute X thousands of pre-tax dollars to their HSA! to cut down on the ol’ tax liability is just another slap in the face.

      Get profiteering private insurance out of the picture. They serve no purpose other than to take from people who have no choice but to pay or die.

      • muselet

        You’re preaching to the choir.

    and I think you’ll see Republicans come forward with a plan to replace ObamaCare,

    There’s leadership for you. “I think maybe we’ll come up with something, perhaps.”

    (And, hey, John. Guess what. Republicans already DID come up with something. It’s called Obamacare.)

  • D_C_Wilson

    So, pretty much exactly what they’ve been doing for the last two years. Abso-fucking-lutely noting.

  • bbcaaat

    Where’s the jobs bill John, a real one, not more trickle down BS.