Cantor Schedules Anti-Abortion Vote, Shows “Deceptive Democrats” Who’s Boss

Looking to put another feather in their War on Women hat, House Republicans will vote next week on the No Taxpayer Funds for Abortion Act.

“I am also proud to announce that next week, the House will vote once and for all to end taxpayer funding for abortions,” Cantor told the March for Life rally in Washington [yesterday]. [...]

“The No Taxpayer Funds for Abortion Act, written by our good friend and colleague Chris Smith [R-N.J.], will respect the morals and consciences of millions of Americans — and ultimately will save lives.”

Of course that depends on what your morals are.

As we covered earlier this week, the No Taxpayer Funds for Abortion Act would, among other things, require that the IRS audit rape victims to make sure they were raped. House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte (R-VA) also claimed that this bill is actually a secret job creation bill because, you know, people will hire more nannies that they can’t afford.

At their annual policy retreat Republicans pledged to fight back against the “deceptive Democratic ‘War on Women’ rhetoric.”

RESOLVED, The Republican National Committee condemns the Democrats’ deceptive “war on women” rhetoric

RESOLVED, The Republican National Committee will support Republican pro-life candidates who fight back against Democratic deceptive “war on women” rhetoric by pointing out the extreme positions on abortion held by Democratic opponents

Apparently the first action they will take to show just how deceptive Democrats really are is to vote for auditing rape victims.

You can’t make this shit up.

DoingGreat

This entry was posted in Abortion, War On Women and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Kennet

    It’s as if they don’t realize people are writing these things down for the next election cycle. It may go somewhat unnoticed now (and this is wholly unrelated to how much these things matter) but it sure as hell is going to be front and center when everyone tunes in during debate season.

    • Churchlady320

      Republican women, many not exactly pro-choice, went over to McCaskill thanks to thugs such as these. Keep up the good work Cantor!

  • D_C_Wilson

    How exactly is auditing a woman going to determine if she experienced “legitimate rape” (Yes, I’m using the republican term for it)? Are women going to have to submit a rape kit with their tax forms? If the rape goes to trial, but the perpetrator is acquitted, will the woman have to pay a fine?

  • muselet

    … and ultimately will save lives.

    Just not the lives of those … oh, what do you call them? … vessels whose sole reason for existence is to bear children for manly men. Vote R, everybody, ’cause we’re for small government!

    I’d say what I really think of Chris Smith and Eric Cantor—well, fetus fetishists in general—but language like that would get me kicked off the internet.

      Aw c’mon, go ahead. You’re amongst friends here.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    Apparently the first action they will take to show just how deceptive
    Democrats really are
    is to vote for auditing rape victims.

    And “extreme.” Don’t forget, Democrats hold “extreme positions on abortion”. Being against auditing rape victims is “extreme,” because something something freedom.

  • WiscoJoe

    Rebublican logic: How dare the IRS try to audit our sacred off-shore tax shelters when they should be focusing their audits on real threats, like female sexuality and reproduction.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    Maybe this is what they mean when they refer to Democrats’ “extreme positions on abortion”…

    • Churchlady320

      Yeah, yeah – there goes Huckabee blaming it all on “Eve”. Poor “Adam”, just a victim of a woman. How convenient.

      • Christopher Foxx

        If Adam was so great, why was he so weak?

        The real original sin is the man blaming the woman for what he did.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Because rape victims haven’t been raped enough to satisfy the whims of Republicans.

    Assholes!