Christie Under Federal Investigation

ChristieSTTS

Not for the frivolous bridge closure, but for possibly misusing Hurricane Sandy Relief funds to pay for ads featuring himself.

At issue is not merely using relief funds to promote a tourism campaign, which was approved, but using those funds with the intent of featuring himself in that campaign.

TRENTON — The “Stronger Than The Storm” TV commercials starring Gov. Chris Christie and his family are providing a near $5 million windfall of taxpayer dollars for a politically active public relations agency, more than $2 million higher than what the runner-up firm planned to charge. [...]

The two bidders had different views on how the campaign should be run. MWW proposed putting Christie in the ads. The other bidder, a team headed by the Sigma Group, did not. MWW won the contract.

A coincidence?

If it were anyone else, maybe, but considering what we know about Chris Christie, I’m sure he felt it was either his right to do this or that he would get away with it.

He may still get away with it, but his image may be irrevocably tarnished following recent events.

I’d like to see Rand Paul or some other congressional relief troll pledge to get to the bottom of this misuse of taxpayer money for political purposes, but I won’t hold my breath.

This entry was posted in Chris Christie, Ethics and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

    IOKIYAR! What corruption? I don’t see any corruption…unless they’re a Dem, then it’s everywhere!

      IG, if you have time, please do me a favor and read the piece & the comments at the link below and give me your opinion.
      http://thedailybanter.com/2014/01/why-i-think-ncaa-football-players-are-guilty-until-proven-innocent

        Just replied to Ben (under your exchange)…my two cents, for what it is worth.

          Thanks, IG……….I really appreciate it! :)

          To his credit, Ben always defends his writers, but this whole issue really bothers me because I was raped, and because title and the image appalled me.
          I wasn’t sure if I was just reading something in to it that wasn’t there.

            It was insensitive I think and I don’t blame you for reacting as you did. IMHO, an editor should have read Bryce’s article and told him, re-think and re-write this or I won’t publish it..but like I said, my two cents.

            Thanks, IG. I completely agree!

        • mrbrink

          Priceless two cents they were.

      • mrbrink

        Didn’t see it until just now, but you win.

          I get too emotionally involved………causes me issues in arguing my point.

          • mrbrink

            You are founded on the good fight. That shit was weak, you said so. You were correct right out of the box.

            Thanks, Brink. :)

          Gracias, amigo!

  • mrbrink

    He used that whole situation as a campaign prop. Everything he learned about expressing empathy and consoling victims of tragedy he learned by watching President Obama and the First Lady embracing weeping mothers and fathers and mourning with victims of all manner of gun violence, terrorism, and natural disasters.

    Christie’s not a people person. He’s a glorified ward boss.

  • D_C_Wilson

    When the winning bidder is paid is paid $2 million more than the losing bidder, the first word that should jump to anyone’s mind is kickback. Whether the feds can find evidence to support that conclusion is, of course, another matter entirely. But this looks really, really fishy.

  • muselet

    I’d have been shocked if Chris Christie hadn’t used himself in those ads. Steve Benen pointed out this morning just how outsized Christie’s ego is.

    –alopecia