House GOP Won’t Act on Unemployment

While House Republicans will take another jab at Obamacare next week, they have no plans to tackle unemployment insurance after they return to Washington.

House Majority Leader Eric Cantor released a memo today detailing what his members can expect to face during the month of January and it includes no mention of unemployment insurance.

HouseSchedJan

Taking the debt ceiling hostage is clearly a higher priority than aid for the unemployed.

Happy New Year!

This entry was posted in Congress and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    … our common sense conservative solutions to the problems Americans are facing …

    Common sense conservative solutions like starting a war with Iran, cutting taxes on the wealthy, repealing healthcare reform, starting a war in Syria, impeaching President Obama, hostage-taking on the debt ceiling, starting a war with North Korea, blaming the unemployed for not having jobs, pushing for the Keystone XL pipeline to be built, starting a war with [insert name of random country here], and chanting Benghazi! Benghazi!! Benghazi!!! at random intervals, to name but a few.

    Boy, Congress looks to be just as productive in the year to come as it was in the year just past.

      If that is a list of “common sense” policies then count me out. I’m going into 2014 expecting nothing from Congress so if they do actually do something I will be happy and if they don’t, meh. I’m hoping this will help me keep my blood pressure down.

      • muselet

        It even gets a little worse. According to polls, voters will largely throw up their hands and reelect the incumbents, so thoroughly have we—collectively—internalized the twin lies of “both sides” and “gummint can’t do nothin’.”

        Pretty depressing, innit?

        –alopecia

  • missliberties

    Pathetic.

    Has anyone noticed that the GOP keeps trying to make the economy worse so they can blame it on Obama…. then scream that entitlements must be cut becase GDP is too low?

  • Sabyen91

    The fuckers are just plain evil.

  • LTanya Spearman

    There are:
    1500 Newspapers
    1100 Magazines
    9000 Radio Stations
    1500 TV Stations
    2400 Publishers
    Owned by only 3 Corporations…
    They wouldn’t be able to do it if it weren’t for their media propagandists.. Funny how money can buys opinions (thanks TOD)..

      One of the best things that could happen to this country is if those three corporations are sued for the monopolies they are. But that’s a Congressional issue and now we’ve come full circle, because so long as Congress sucks, this will never, ever happen.

  • Kitty Smith

    Of course they won’t. After all, they’re peons who won’t make the Repubs rich through kickbacks and donations.