Important Business

While the adults are considering other matters of relative importance, Representatives Jeff Duncan and Ted Poe are focused on what’s truly paramount; bringing back incandescent light bulbs.

Duncan’s bill, H.R. 3818, would repeal the entire section of the 2007 ban dealing with energy efficiency standards for bulbs. But GOP leaders have so far given no sign that they would consider the bill in the coming weeks.

“You are supposed to take them to a local recycling center. Yeah, right,” [Poe] said on the House floor.

Poe also complained that the law effectively tells Americans what they must buy, and said that shouldn’t happen “whether it is health care, a box of donuts, or even CFL light bulbs.”

They’re coming for the trans-fats in your donuts and they’re coming for your light bulbs! Did you hear they’re coming for the incandescence of your bulbs?

sisko-facepalm1

In hindsight, it’s not shocking that someone named Ted Poe, from Texas, would imply that recycling is for chumps and mama’s boys.

And no I won’t stop linking to Rand Paul ranting about donuts as long as his colleagues continue to echo him.

This entry was posted in Energy, Super Stupid and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    There’s a doctoral dissertation just waiting to be written on the obsession these twits have with light bulbs.

    –alopecia

  • Churchlady320

    I may be incorrect and am too lazy to look it up, but I believe that the directive to end production of incandescent bulbs came from Dubya. Signed in 2005 as I recall, it was given all this time to make sure no one was inconvenienced.

    Sorry RW people. This came from one of your very own.

  • Mike_Norris

    It is becoming more clear to me everyday that Republicans will go to any length to be on the wrong side of any issue that comes around. They work very hard at being stupid asses.

    • Christopher Foxx

      It’s not hard work when it comes naturally to you.

      • Mike_Norris

        Well, yeah.

  • Christopher Foxx

    Hmmm, free speech, yeah, yeah, hmm, bear arms, um hmm, unreasonable search, right, right, unusual punishment, ok, hmm…

    You know, I’m flipping thru this document I’m not seeing anything here about a right to a specific light bulb.

    • Christopher Foxx

      More wingnut hypocrisy on display: There eager to reject any “the founders couldn’t foresee assault weapons…” argument as irrelevant because, y’know, things have to be strictly interpreted. But try and point out light bulbs aren’t a protected freedom and they’ll be equally eagerly in their insistence that the founders couldn’t foresee everything.

      • Draxiar

        Don’t worry, most of them don’t foresee the replacement of fluorescent lights with LED’s (yes, it’s coming). Naturally this will give them more cry baby soup to eat.