It’s Obama’s America

tinfoilHats

As you may have heard colossal douchebag, homophobe, racist, and right wing fantasy filmmaker Dinesh D’Souza was indicted yesterday for election fraud.

His indictment has nothing to do with his questionable politics but rather the use of straw donors to surpass the legal limit one is allowed to contribute to a political candidate. But according to the Right Wing today, this is actually an Obama revenge conspiracy.

via Media Matters

Matt Drudge tweeted that the indictments against D’Souza and former Republican Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell are evidence that Attorney General Eric Holder is “unleashing the dogs” on “Obama critics.”

Obvious dog-whistle.

In a panicked video headlined “Emergency: Obama Launches Purge” posted on his YouTube channel last night, conspiracy theorist Alex Jones told viewers that “America is going over the edge,” adding, “I actually am scared.” [...] According to Jones, “this is like Nazi Germany” and “once they’re done with these guys, they’re coming after you and I.” [...]

First they came for D’Souza and then they came for me? Jones wishes “they” would come for him. It would be great publicity.

On her radio show this morning, Fox contributor Laura Ingraham claimed that “we are criminalizing political dissent in the United States of America. Welcome to the Brave New World of retribution justice.” [...]

An article on FoxNews.com includes the suggestion from a “close colleague” of D’Souza’s that the indictment is “selective prosecution” in the first sentence.

DineshD'ouche

Rush Limbaugh joined the chorus on his radio show, claiming Obama’s Justice Department is “trying to criminalize as many Republicans and conservatives as they can.”

Who can argue with Matt Drudge, Alex Jones, Laura Ingraham, and Rush Limbaugh; a veritable pantheon of leading conservative “thinkers.”

We can laugh, and lord knows I have. It’s hard not to when Laura Ingraham declares that D’ouche is one of the administration’s “most effective critics.” But snark aside this is dangerously dishonest rhetoric.

This fantastical image they paint of a vindictive administration prosecuting political dissenters bears no resemblance to reality. This is the kind of misleading rhetoric that spawns lone-wolf domestic terrorists and further polarizes the voting public, and they’re broadcasting it on all frequencies.

This entry was posted in Conspiracy Theory, Wingnuts and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • D_C_Wilson

    This fantastical image they paint of a vindictive administration prosecuting political dissenters bears no resemblance to reality.

    It’s classic projection. People like Jones, Limbaugh, Ingraham, and Drudge would be prosecuting political dissenters if they were ever in charge, so naturally, they assume everyone else would, too.

    • drspittle

      What’s funny is the Snowald Cult is spewing the same crap – “Obama is going to kill me or disappear me”. To quote Led Zeppelin, “Oooooh, it makes me wonder”.

      • Churchlady320

        Part of that is a plea for stardom – I’m so amazingly dangerous I’m at risk from MY OWN government!

        Politics is the new Hollywood.

  • Draxiar

    They screech that Obama leads a vindictive administration and then defend Christie.

    • muselet

      Well, some of them defend Chris Christie, but very reluctantly.

      -alopecia

  • Churchlady320

    Increasingly we see support for “nullification” – I don’t like the rule, I’m too good for the rule, so abolish its application to me.

    No.

  • Ned F

    I guess the Obama administration could out a CIA agent to discredit her husband in order to suppress an intelligence report counter-productive to the administration’s policy, but that would be going too far, even treasonous, right?

  • GrafZeppelin127

    I’m thinking of trademarking the phrase, “The Heroes of Their Own Private Mythology.” If I were to write a book about the post-Bush Right, that would be the title.

    • Scopedog

      Or maybe “Every man can be God in his own mind.”
      But what you said applies to the GOP–and Greenwald and company, for that matter.

  • MrDHalen

    Republicans live by the unspoken code: “If you aren’t cheating, you aren’t trying!!” That is why they project their actions onto others. It’s why they have no empathy. We’re all cheaters in their minds and if you’re poor, you suck at cheating.

  • Christopher Foxx

    Rush Limbaugh joined the chorus on his radio show, claiming Obama’s Justice Department is “trying to criminalize as many Republicans and conservatives as they can.”

    They’re calling the criminals criminals now? What is the world coming to.