Karl Rove Has A Bridge To Sell

During a panel segment on Fox News Sunday, Karl Rove, a man who knows all too well the true meaning of revenge politics and cover ups, chimed in on Gov. Chris Christie’s predicament, via Raw Story:

I think his handling of this, being straightforward, taking action — saying, ‘I’m responsible’ — firing the people probably gives him some street cred with some tea party Republicans, who say that’s what we want in a leader, somebody who steps up and takes responsibility.”

Sell it, babe, sell it!

Rove added, “The amount of attention paid this week to Chris Christie makes the coverage of Benghazi at the same time and the coverage of the IRS pale in significance.”

When trapped in a corner, just Benghazi your way out. It’s what Benghazi would do.

Benghazi forever!

This entry was posted in Benghazi, Chris Christie, Ethics, Far-right Intellectual Violence, IRS Scandal, Lying Liars and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • drspittle

    To me, the real story of the GWB shutdown is that it is a metaphor for the bullying, vindictive Rethuglican party and its goal of stopping all forward movement regardless of consequences. It’s difficult to to easily and dramatically picture effects people suffer when unemployment benefits are cut or someone is denied Medicaid. But it’s easy for the media to show one short picture of a bridge turned to parking lot. What Rethuglicans have done for the past 20 years (particularly that last 5 years) to me is just as bad (in some ways worst) than what Chrstie has done. It would be so nice if the mainslime media would provide some context and connect some dots.

  • Lady Willpower

    WWBD?

  • muselet

    Relevant.

    “The amount of attention paid this week to Chris Christie makes the coverage of Benghazi at the same time and the coverage of the IRS pale in significance.”

    Translation: Why aren’t the media obsessing over non-scandals? Why are they paying attention to a real scandal that affects a star in the Republican Party? Unfair!

      Chez has talked about how scandals – real or BENGHAZI! – have a very limited shelf life. That’s a big reason why the Republicans keep flogging that non scandal. They are so determined to make anything stick to President Obama and his administration that they’re practically trying to sell us moldy green bologna.

    • waspuppet

      It’s literally and by definition impossible for Rove to be right, since the bridge scandal has gone on for three days and the (GOP/Fox jet-engine-level screaming about the 100% made-up) IRS and Benghazi scandals have gone on for seven months and a year and a half, respectively.
      He’s also wrong – well, just because he’s Karl Rove.

  • D_C_Wilson

    Sippy Cupp had similar advice to Christie:

    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/01/09/is-s-e-cupp-the-dumbest-pundit-working-an-examination/

    Yep, Christie should resign because that would show what a great president he would make.

    • muselet

      My word, that’s terrible advice. Chris Christie should light his career on fire and dance around the flames because it’d make him look like a great leader.

      Wow.

      Worked for Sarah Palin, amirite?!! :D

      BTW, I love the headline to the link you provided; Is S.E. Cupp The Dumbest Pundit Working? An Examination. Hard to say. So many worthy of the title. But S.E. Cupp would be a contender.

      • muselet

        Charles Krauthammer, William Kristol, Ross Douthat, Ann Coulter, Michelle Malkin, George F. Will, damned near everyone working at Politico, Peggy Noonan…. No, there are plenty of pundits who are dumber than S.E. Cupp. And wronger.

        Cupp’s collecting wingnut welfare, so it’s not like she’s going to starve, even if her nitwittery is indistinguishable from other Righty pundits’.

          In Nooners’ case, it depends on how many drinks she’s had.

      • D_C_Wilson

        Well, if the goal is to rake in the bucks from the rubes, it did work for Snookie Palin. Not so much if you plan being taken seriously as a presidential contender.