Leave Them Kids Alone

Russian President Vladimir Putin says gay people are welcome at the Olympics, but he warns you not to try kidnapping, molesting, or converting children, or something.

Speaking at a mountain site for the 2014 Sochi Olympics, Russian President Vladimir Putin said that gays should feel comfortable attending the Winter Games but warned them to “leave children in peace.” [...]

Because gay sex is not a crime, Putin said, gay people can “feel calm, at ease, but leave children in peace, please.”

I’d call this evidence that Putin is not anti-gay for political reasons, he’s anti-gay because he’s a raging homophobe who believes in homophobic conspiracy theories.

Just because Putin says gay people should feel calm and “at ease,” I wouldn’t be surprised to see a confrontation at the Sochi Olympics next month.

This entry was posted in LGBT, Russia and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://www.dlancystreet.com reginahny

    Inorite? Let’s put his largesse into a different context: “All black athletes should feel calm and at ease unless they try to rape our white women.” What a giant douche. Argh.

  • Badgerite

    Translation. Don’t make our gay kids think that they are human beings entitled to respect and equal treatment under the law.

    I still have to correct people here in the US about the mistaken link between same sex pedophilia and homosexuality. Intellectually speaking, they often don’t understand the difference between the perversion of a person who is only attracted to children of the same gender and the healthy adult who is attracted to adults of the same gender. The homophobia is the part that makes them so willing to hold onto this idea no matter what the facts show.

  • muselet
  • Sabyen91

    Not so ironically I wouldn’t feel comfortable with a shirtless ex-KGB agent around my kid.