Morning Joe is Profoundly Stupid

Picard and Riker Facepalm

Here’s something so profoundly stupid only a Republican could come up with it.

“If Hillary Clinton attacks the Republican Party’s handling of women, and treatment of women and disrespect for women, and suggests they’re misogynists et cetera, et cetera, et cetera, it does seem to be a fair question to ask right now, a few years out, does the media have a responsibility to say, ‘Well, let’s see what happened when you were in the White House, and how women were treated when you were in the governor’s mansion and the White House?’ Is that fair?” the ‘Morning Joe’ host asked Monday morning, as quoted by Mediaite. [...]

“Does this not compromise Hillary Clinton’s ability to bash Republicans as being terrible toward women, misogynist, et cetera?” he asked.

You’re going to counter charges that the Republican party is waging a “War on Women” by blaming Hillary for the actions of Bill?

There’s no way that could backfire.

This singularity of stupid confirms my belief that a Clinton campaign would trigger a year-long sexist and misogynistic shitshow the likes of which we have never seen. What we’re seeing right now with Wendy Davis in Texas, who in recent days has been derided as an irresponsible single mother with a “sugar daddy,” is only a preview of what we will see in a national race.

Whoever the eventual Republican nominee is may be able to avoid saying something incredibly bad, but other candidates down ticket, their staffs, and their supporters will not be able to. They will utterly beclown themselves. It will be the He-Man Woman Haters Club on a national platform.

Or as Al Sharpton put it, “I dare the Republicans to take that to her, because if I’m her, I would dribble, hit the backboard, and score a three-pointer from way out, because she was the wife in this.”

This entry was posted in Election 2016, Hillary Clinton, Misogyny, Stupid Party, Super Stupid, War On Women and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Linda Perry

    So MSNBC and GOPers should start answering about JScar’s philandering ways and the Dead Intern in his office in FL in 2002? This guy is twice divorce and he has cheated on his wife…..perhaps every time JScar is on MTP, The View, HBO’s Bill Marher, Today Show, etc……JScar’s bio must include his cheating ways and his hand in impeaching pres Clinton. Shameless RWNJ JScar.

    • Sabyen91

      Actually Joe should never bring up Clinton’s philandering as it involved an intern. Since there was a dead one in his office Joe has no place talking about interns.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    They’re still overestimating the population of the paracosm. They’re not making sense to anyone outside the bubble.

    • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

      Exactly! They can only sell this outlandish pap and preposterously contrived logic to teabaggers and diehards.

  • muselet

    He said … I … That’s … What?

    Wow. Joe Scarborough really is that dumb, isn’t he?

    –alopecia

    • http://vermillionbrain.blogspot.com/ Vermillion

      That was my mental process exactly.

  • D_C_Wilson

    Only in Joey Starbucks mind could Involuntary transvaginal probe = consensual oral sex.

  • missliberties

    Joe ‘hearts’ Erick Erickson from Red State. Joe is THAT conservative.

  • Christopher Foxx

    does the media have a responsibility to say, ‘Well, let’s see what happened when you were in the White House, and how women were treated when you were in the governor’s mansion and the White House?’

    Actually, the media has a responsibility to not say that. Since it does have a responsibility to report things accurately. Like the fact that Hillary Clinton wasn’t President or Governor.

  • mrbrink

    Hahaha. Nice try, Morning Dickhead. Classic Rovian tactic. Level the playing field for wingnuts by projecting their greatest weakness onto their enemies. False equivalencies abound.

    a Clinton campaign would trigger a year-long sexist and misogynistic shitshow the likes of which we have never seen.

    It’s already happening and it’s only going to get worse. They know it, we know it.

    They’re trying to do pre-crime damage control and it’s pathetic.

    Dear Joe,

    When one is the pot calling out the kettle over interns, one should be summarily derided as is appropriate.

    See, a dead intern trumps an intern who engaged in consensual sex. You’re welcome.

  • Ellen Kuhlmann

    Think Joe picked up that line from Rand Paul, who said something similar on Meet the Press Sunday. Super Stupid.