Polar Vortex Myth

143485_600

Artist — Bill Day

In related news, Sen. Ted Cruz today once again blamed the government shutdown on President Obama and the Democrats because they refused to defund “Obamacare” and hand over the nuclear launch codes.

And Sen. Minority Leader Mitch McConnell released the GOP’s detailed plans to sabotage the country over the debt ceiling vote, again, explaining, “What I’m saying is we ought to attach something significant for the country to his request to increase the debt ceiling. I think it’s the responsible thing to do for the country.”

Yeah! Attach something significant, and stuff! That’ll learn us some responsibilities, but good!

Big State Of The Union address this Tuesday. Stay tuned afterward for predictably ignorant, incoherent, tone-deaf pre-responses from not one, not two, but three! Tea Party Republicans in an effort to overwhelm and flood the marketplace of ideas with fake-concern, non-solutions and a false sense of choice.

This entry was posted in Cartoons, Open Thread and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Christopher Foxx

    Stay tuned afterward for predictably ignorant, incoherent, tone-deaf pre-responses from not one, not two, but three! Tea Party Republicans in an effort to overwhelm and flood the marketplace of ideas with fake-concern, non-solutions and a false sense of choice.

    Obama’s speech staff should try to take some wind out of those sails by including something similar in the final comments Obama makes.

    “I’ve laid out some clear plans and explained why they are the right thing to do. Now, in a fee minutes you’re going to start hear the Republican replies. Listen carefully and see if you hear anything new. I certainly hope they they have started putting country before party and have new ideas based on improving the lives of their fellow citizens, rather than continuing with petty obstruction and servicing the needs only of special interests. I hope they have. Listen to them closely, let’s see if they have.”

    Something diplomatically phrased, but clear in it’s predicting they won’t say anything new or substantive. Then, once they don’t, the Democrats should be “See, told you they had nothing” all over the place.